Anyone else think the crafting GUI could be a lot more useful and streamlined for crafters?

A man can dream. I don’t see this as a game where we’re going to see that level of depth to crafting and automation sadly.

But damn it would be glorious.

1 Like

Factorio-style inserters. Automatically take the ingredients from the connected storage for the current recipe, until something runs out.

please not!

if you want factorio, go play factorio, or space engineers (or try play fortress craft evolved maybe, great game!)
the thing here is, that crafting is a kind of task, and a reason for ppl to check by and fill up machines.
crafting stuff is a bit like managment, there is a reason for max queues and stuff.
if you can just fill up a storage with rares, press a button and come back next day and got 10 forged hammers then crafting is just boring stuff.

It’s a different type of reward to be honest, Automation is kind of it’s own challenge in itself. I can’t pretend I wouldnt love to see elements within the game, But I do see your point. it doesn’t really work here.

To be honest with crafts running in real time it’s not required that much, and I like that it forces some degree of manual intervention.

The only thing I’d like to see is some kind of AE style storage network.

1 Like

Nonsense, I do that all the time actually. Perhaps they changed that since last time you tried it?

Tho it could be fun if they make it in such a way that setting it up by itself is a gigantic puzzle but also costs quite a few mats in machinery.

But I would already be really happy with what I said above. If I’m making a pie with Fortified butter I need Fortified Milk first, the same machine makes both, let me add the task to make the butter even tho the milk isn’t done yet…

AFAIK machine always took from output if there were items that craft needed, and nothing was changed. I use that output in next crafts quite often too.

1 Like