Are caves not regenerating ore?

that’s what I’m grindin towards, but I need a level 50 miner, 40 gatherer, and 40-50 hunter to be able to make those, and a level 30 crafter.

Do you sure? Because here is a discussion about “Do heatmaps have update or not?”

@Steggs101

Is tomorrow’s update going to cause caves to regenerate ores on the walls faster?

I only cave mine, and I’m seein’ fewer and fewer ores on the walls.

Well the algorithm is trash and here is why, if you mine all the gems and only the gems, all you leave it stone, the odds will replace it WITH stone and boom you run out and need to destroy stone until it regens gems. I mean the system works with less population and if it actually rerolled already fixed chunks.

Source?

(10 character limit)

If players literally only ever remove resources from the walls of caves, and never the solid rock, then by nature of randomness, the cave walls will become less populated on average, because its going to reinsert more resourcres randomnly, and theres a non-zero chance that the replaced resource will not be on the wall.

On the other hand, if there is a cave which used to have resources on the walls, and now has none at all… it also means “behind the walls” is more dense than average with resources too for that chunk :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Can attest this works in practice ime.

2 Likes

What? #Confused.

Doesn’t this mean that cave mining will degrade over time? Is it the intended design for the caves to be mostly stripped clear a year from now or is there some other mechanic at play too?

If it was explained early on in a tutorial objective it’d help adjust behaviour.

Really don’t mind this guy, he notoriously states his suspicions, wild theories and opinions as facts. There are numerous examples on this forums. Anything he states as fact… take with grain of salt, a big grain :wink:

1 Like

Just ask the devs how it works.

I wasn’t questioning his content, or his belief in the algorithm. I was confused about the actual message he was trying to deliver. It just got confused about what he was saying. Seth always speaks his mind, and it’s his opinion and his own thoughts. I respect someone who can remain firm on their beliefs.

I don’t mind what he tries to tell. But how he does it. Stating opinions as facts is never OK.

The President of the United States does it. It seems to work fine for him.

2 Likes

Are you trying to troll me? Trump is a good example what not to do. Anyway, thankfully I don’t ever lived in USA, and never intend to live. They choose this guy, they have to live with it, not my problem :smiley:

The ore/gems placement in chunks is random (provided some strict rules like depth or height of stones and soils above, and overall count of given resource per planet). If a block has 1% chance of having an ore/gem in it, mining it does not make the chance to be lower. Probability does not work this way.

He’s never really had anything positive to say, mostly non-constructive complaining. Was an attempt to get him to elaborate and back up his cliam wich he opted out of.

Is that a fact? Because it sounds like fake news. Trump got elected by a free and fair democratic process and he is the most powerful man in the world, now. There are a lot of people who would do whatever they could to get to that point, so, for them, he is a great example for them to get to where they want to be.

1 Like

Resolve issues with surface-resources not being regenerated if “only” surface resources were harvested in a chunk, without making any other modifications. This also resolves some other more edge-case issues where you could similarly stop resources (whether embedded in rock, or surface resources) from regenerating if using a regeneration bomb to fully regenerate a chunk, or if plotting areas of a chunk where only surface-resources had been removed and later unplotting once the rest of the chunk had regenerated. The world data will be migrated in a such a way that any chunks that already experienced the problem will get their surface resources regenerated shortly without further user interaction. Devs patch notes!

1 Like

I think the point is that once mined the block that replaces the mined block over time has a percentage chance of being a resource. Since only the resources were mined in the first place, each time the blocks are regenerated the odds are that less and less of the blocks on the surface of the cave will have resources.

1 Like