Are the 2x8 portal sizes of creative bridges “hurting” creative mode?

I wouldn’t mind seeing people’s creative builds, however it always leaves me feeling let down because I know they just spawn blocks.

For me a build on a regular sov or perm planet is much more spectacular because it took effort and perseverance to mine, craft and then build. I am not putting down creative by any means but there is a difference in seeing creative and going wow and going to a reg sov and going holy ■■■■ that’s a lot resources, crafting and building time. That to me makes it more impressive knowing there was loads if labor put into it.

1 Like

I honestly like creative but don’t want to use anyone else’s world. Why? Answer: huge build that may take up half or more of the planet.

1 Like

Took a creative planet just for testing builds idea before going ham on the live universe. I seriously think that portal size is way too big. Maybe letting us choice over the size and make the portal effect something different between creative to non-creative.

2 Likes

I would think if the devs want us to use 16 conduits to bridge creative to survival, … they should allow the following sizes:

• 2 wide by 8 tall
  • 4 wide by 4 tall
  • 8 wide by 2 tall

… At least with a 4x4 it can fit the portal in a single plot and be able to have a ceiling and floor around it.

I do think one thing to remember is that if you enter creative using a bridge then when you exit the creative side to the survival side you exit to the same bridge you used to enter no matter what bridge you are using To exit. So if bridges were varied in size you could enter via a 2x8 bridge and exit via a 4x4 bridge. How would that be rendered? On each side you currently see an area to match the size of the bridge. Also the game mechanics require paired portals to be the same size so if the bridges are using the same code, how much of a rewrite would be necessary? Would it be worth it to the game?

4 Likes

It’s worth it while people compton about it.
Once it’s done, it was a waste of time and anything else would have been better

I find this to be interesting since a build on a sovereign planet does not automatically mean the player that built it did anything other than buy what they needed. If a player has good footfall locations they could literally buy everything they needed for a build. I personally do not see any difference in this and a player spawning blocks. How much effort did it take to get footfall after the initial setup? very very little. . it is a coin machine where the only effort is collecting your coin. What about the player that hires a builder? You put out a post looking for someone to build a dome for you. So when it is done is it not as impressive because while you may have worked for the resources, you did not expend effort to build it?

Well to me it seems you are and players doing this is probably one reason why players are not posting anything. Too many players will just criticize a build since it is being done in creative. Does not seem to matter if a player spends 1000 hours mining and building or 1000 just building. Players want to minimize the efforts of others because they did not play the game the way they think it should be played or some other reason.

Sorry but to me effort is effort, time is time. If you build something spectacular, it is spectacular no matter if it is in creative or survival.

1 Like