Are there any plans for Boundless this year?

You shouldnt paraphrase.

I said I wouldn’t talk to us either. For that exact reason.

2 Likes

The game is abadonware as far as I’m concerned. It’s a real shame. I’ve said it probably 100 times and why not a 101st: this game has the foundation to take on Minecraft and pull in similar numbers of players and revenue but what do I know?

13 Likes

Clarification: English is not my mother tongue and therefore I may not use the correct expressions or my point of view may be fully understood.

I waited all of 2021 hoping to see something new, or at least news of some kind and nothing at all. I’m not even disappointed, I just don’t expect anything from this game, I’m just playing around and waiting for the day they close.

There are still blind players who believe that they support the game just to play, when their fanaticism only makes everything worse, with their fanatical attitudes and wanting to defend the game at all costs only make the game look bad from an external point of view. . .

That the game is fine as is?, possibly, although debatable, but they keep selling it in the trailers as something it IS NOT, and that is misleading advertising.

Should the users be the ones helping the developers or the game itself? Since when has the client helped the company? I paid money for THEM to offer me a service, not me for them.

Do you defend absolutely everything to this game? Do not think that the developers will make you a statue the day they close this project, you are simply one more number, like any other, you are even worth the same as those of us who criticize REALITY.

Sad to see how fans keep claiming that this game is alive just because its “servers are on”. I feel sorry for his blindness and he seems pathetic at the same time. On the other hand, there are the fans who don’t want new users because they will build everywhere and destroy planets. Haha, it’s ironic that it’s the fans themselves who sabotage the game they love.

I do not ask the creators of this game to do anything for me, because I no longer invest any more money in this abandoned game, but I do ask them to respect the users who have spent and continue to spend so much money on it.

It just makes me angry, because I really believe that this game has immense potential, that the universe that it has created and its aesthetics, along with its good soundtrack, and the art of each enemy, character, blocks and the incredible functions that it has that all the users interact with each other is something unique and I doubt that there will ever be another game like this that gives me so much peace when playing, have that freedom to choose my role and that gives me such good vibes.

For my part, I will not continue to support this charade and as long as they ask my opinion, I will recommend that no one buy the game because it is ABANDONED and part of its small user base are fans who defend the indefensible and do not contribute something to the development or health of the own game.

11 Likes

I want to point some things out here….

Is the game finished as in complete? NO
As pointed out the trailer doesn’t “fit” the product as stuff is still missing.

Majority of updates have been towards fixed issues in the game. (Yes some content was added).

All that has been asked is information and support :wink:

I love boundless and i hope it will stay as long as possible.
But communication is one thing that has to resume…
There are still issues with in the game that only can be resolved by a dev.
There is still enough in game that could use a fix or a overhaul (activity’s and skills to name a few).

Also want to point out because of the lack of communication, issues that are “easy fixes” for a dev become issues that destroy the enjoyment for those who request their help.

Again i love boundless ill keep playing :wink:
But I don’t think its a “finished” game.
And it still could use fixes and improvements.

9 Likes

Although your message is the one that pushed me to react, I did not quote you specifically because you are not the first one to say something like this (or it’s not the first time you’re saying something like this), where it’s implied things being bad is the fault of disgruntled players.

If people actually “wanted to help”, you know the best thing you could do? Write a freaking letter, like a big document filled with testimonies and such about why the game should get its devs back, and should be getting more content, about how it could be a challenger for Minecraft and such, and then send that document to the CEO of Square Enix…
< thinks about it for a second >
…who happens to be the guy who told gamers “playing for pleasure” was the wrong way to enjoy gaming, that user-generated content was not reliable as it came from personal feelings, good will and volunteer spirit… and that we should all aspire to “play to contribute”, that we should all get into NFTs.
< sighs >
Yeah ok, granted, the chances of this working are really low… but that’s the only idea I have, right now. But they might be the only ones who can actually do something.

2 Likes

Square Enix Collective is a division of Square Enix and as we all know from another thread, Square Enix Collective is well aware of the situation.

1 Like

I never said they weren’t aware, but there could be something to gain to remind them all that we’re all still waiting, and that, ultimately, they are the ones with the power to change things.

Unless you prefer going back to the sterile war of players still having fun in spite of everything VS the unhappy players who apparently are the cancer of this community.

2 Likes

Just to clarify, Square Enix doesn’t own the IP or any creative control/rights to the game - that all rests with Turbulenz. We were an investor and a service provider for distribution - so the course of action you describe might be more effective with a publisher that owned the IP itself, but in this case it wouldn’t make any difference I’m afraid.

9 Likes

But wasn’t Square Enix paying Turbulenz/Wonderstruck to keep developing the game?

I’m not saying SE should keep developing the game, but maybe they could make a new deal with Turbulenz.

2 Likes

We funded development of the game up until the full release from Early Access. Game sales and income from in-game transactions/servers/etc was intended to fund the game’s ongoing running and development costs after that.

6 Likes

Exactly, and this did not pan out as expected, so maybe it would be better for everyone to go with a different plan than letting the game bleed its players out slowly.

(EDIT : also, happy new year Phil)

3 Likes

Do you have any updates as to the public server status - is anything imminent or is it still stable for some time (I won’t ask for a time frame, but just a general “not next few months”). Totally understand if you can’t answer though. Thanks!

6 Likes

Obviously we’re still in the same situation as last year, so we continue to observe, but there are no changes to anything currently planned. There would absolutely be notice given to players if there were.

17 Likes

Thanks, Happy New Year to you, and the Boundless community too :slight_smile:

15 Likes

And from your point of view, this idea I proposed to try to make a compilation of testimonies from players as to why something should be done to bring Boundless’ development back to life, would it have a chance to do something?

On your side, do you ever hear from James and the others, what they’re doing, what their plans are in regards to Boundless?

5 Likes

Thank you, really appreciate it! :grinning: That makes me feel a lot more comfortable with continuing on with the game and my rental addiction! :grin:

Happy New Year to you from me as well! :grinning:

10 Likes

I prefer to continue to play the game and spend money on it. Ultimately that’s my only voice that counts for something. But hey, you do you.

@philelliott thanks for the clarification and happy new year to you too :wink:

5 Likes

I would just like to know is development on boundless going to start back up this year. Or is the candle burnt out and is wonderstruck merging with a bigger studio permanently. At the end of the day money has to be made fully understandable would just like to know am I ever going to see swords and shields. Or perhaps a total over hall of this game. The concept of the game is beautiful yet we never made it to TITANS. So I feel like they never achieved their goal of what they wanted this game to be. Just a few questions

if the game doesn’t make enough to pay development they need to go look for an investor actively not just keep it in limbo imo game is timeless so im not worryd about when but once you put something on the attic it tends to stay there
forget the years spend and threat it like a new project is lot more presentable then it was in pre release
ow happy new year phil

1 Like

This is the million dollar question and the fact that @james won’t say anything about it absolutely boggles my mind. He has already confirmed that Larian has no say, stake, or knowledge in/of Boundless so theoretically he should be free to say something but simply refuses and has refused for the last year.

2 Likes