Are there any trading rules?

I was thinking given we have an imminent player code of conduct that this may need addressing as part of the rules, if it’s not been considered already:

1. I identify a rare in-game resource I want (let’s pick Shimmering (apt name) Orbs for no reason whatsoever coughahem)
  2. I find someone with that resource who also wants plots, tints, skill resets or whatever
  3. I offer them real money to buy cubits in return for the resource

So now I can pay to “win”. If this is clearly marked as a no-no somewhere then in playing regularly for hundreds of hours and reading the forums a great deal, I’ve not noticed it. If it isn’t addressed then perhaps it ought to be.

2 Likes

I saw a sign yesterday in a shop that someone also accepts bitcoin. I had the same thought, “is that even allowed?”

2 Likes

How could you make the trade without the chance the person just takes the money and gives you nothing anyways?

RMT will always exist
It’s up to the devs banning them (or not).
spelling

3 Likes

I’d report it if you see it. You want to get ahead of the RMT thing in sandbox games like these. Otherwise, it’ll ruin the game

3 Likes

Yeah I saw that same one last night. I’d run a mile from trust trades involving cryptocurrency but not everyone is so cynical.

As I said in another post, this RMT thing is in the terms and conditions. Because you do not legally own what you wish to trade for something out of game, it’s illegal and is RMT.

Everything in game remains the property of wonderstruck. End of.

1 Like

Ohh sorry I missed that. If it’s in the EULA then fine. I just saw a future of annoyed players who didn’t get the handtrade/plot(s) they were promised.

1 Like

You can basically say this with any game though. You can offer real money for anything. Leveling characters, leeching, ranking up, etc. You could even say Overwatch is pay to win by paying someone to carry your team like Trials in Destiny. Especially any game with trading. Hey i’ll buy 100 teaching pudding from you for 20 bucks. Now im level 50 while you are 30… that doesnt mean the game is pay to win it just means they arent trading in game stuff.