Are we "Over Forging"?

Earlier I made a batch of Ruby hammers, for science:

And just as I thought, with minimal Damage Boon applied (lvl4 i think?), these suckas can 1 shot a lvl5 planet!

So this brings up 2 things.

1- Not everything needs max dmg. shouldn’t there be a market for “Lightly Forged” items? Cause, the hammer above will do for me mining on Serp… but it is for sure not as expensive to forge as say a maxed out Emerald hammer… I mean, with the lightest touch of a forge, I could forge a hammer that 1-shots any lvl1-4 planet with a 3x3. And most of them don’t have to be gem!

2- With the update, why aren’t I seeing more forged Ruby Hammers? They have DOUBLE the base speed of Emerald/Diamond. More Durability than Emerald/Diamond. About 33% LESS Energy drain than Emerald/Diamond. And now with the patch… more damage than before. I would be curious if a Max damage forged Ruby could 1 shot a lvl6 Planet… I betcha any monies it can! And… if it can then it is a better more efficient forge for hammers than Emerald. Honestly, with the Energy drain being so much less, I think I’m done with Diamond Hammers…

Thoughts?

6 Likes

The answer is yes. 100%. Absolutely.

2 Likes

Some times if I mess a hammer (in terms of dmg), I drink a strength brew. What I mean to say is this hammer probably can 1 hit blocks on T6 with a strength brew.

I’ve been making an argument for this for well over a month. There is a large market for lighter forged goods. My kids go through TONS of what folks would call inferior forged goods.

Put simply, those who focus solely on 3x3 and perfection are concentrating on a certain demographic of shopper. Everyone else is more or less left in the wind to pay high end prices to get started.

I was extremely thankful when @DKPuncherello provided me my first aoe iron tools which had quirks on them, for 2-4K. Never mind the lighter perfected forging people have come up with over the last month.

1 Like

Totally. We are over forging, because people are paying 20k for “a forged tool”. If buyers were a bit more picky about what they spend their coin on, sellers would realise that pricing forged items should change per forging session depending on materials used…

If we got to the point where the price difference between a lvl 6 and lvl 8 dmg tool was significant, maybe forgers would start to roll more intelligently / with more consideration.

1 Like

It’s hard to be picky when being picky means walking up to every single shop stand, opening the interface, opening the smart stack, right clicking the item to read the stats, opening the next smart stack, reading the stacks, deciding it’s not what you want and opening the next stand, opening the smart stack, reading the stacks, opening the next smart stack, reading the stats… I think you get the point :smiley:

Then you decide the store doesn’t want what you’re looking for so you have to go check another 10 stores to find one selling forged weapons and repeat the whole process over :frowning:

4 Likes

A huge part of this also goes along the lines of limited supply vs mats used to create. The forger database is growing but still it seems like forged goods are pretty finite still. So you have a specific market (like myself) willing to pay or barter towards a 50k hammer because we know we can make 10x the profit at a minimum as far as goods harvested are concerned. Thats not saying those mats are being sold once harvested but in many cases a chunk of those mats go in to further bartering, sometimes not changing any coin over for weeks at a time.

Economics is a complex beast. supply and price of mats used isn’t the only price determiner or ‘worth’ determiner.

1 Like

100% agree. I got neuralnet84 to forge me some weak hammers for tier1 rock. They’re a little weird, but they do the job and they were cheap. I mean, who wants to waste a tier6 super $$$$ planet destroyer to gather Black Rock off a t1… There is probably a huge market for these things.

1 Like

Well, that’s what I’m trying to say tho. That 50k Hammer does 8,200 dmg, 3x3… when the highest lvl rock we have now only takes 5000 dmg to 1-shot. Just a little lighter forge touch on that hammer, and your paying 25k. that means instead 20x the profit at minimum!

1 Like

No. There is no market for underforfed or “fail-forged” tools. You may dispose of these by turning them over to the Illuminoorti for research and disposal. This is a public service!

3 Likes

I am still smacking rocks on t5 with iron cuz I’m a noob with neither sense nor 40k coins, I would love for this to become the way forged tools are marketed.

The sign shouldn’t say max dmg blah blah blah I don’t know what any of that means. Just tell me how many swings it takes on what planet. Sell me the companion brew if I need that. And while you’re at it tell me what stats to have heh heh.

Forge effects are implementation details. If forgers want to sell to the masses of lower end players they need to speak our language

6 Likes

^THIS! I was just telling MrNix that it would be great to walk in a store, and be able to buy the cheapest most efficient hammer for the lvl planet you are heading to. I was going to start selling them exactly like this!

“Going to Till (lvl4)?, take our specifically crafted Gold hammers with 3x3, dura, and speed… only 3k!”

6 Likes

People need forged IRON, TITANIUM, heck even COPPER hammers.
Silver, gold…

But you all forgers stick to the gem ones only to maximize your profits.
I rarely see a hammer made of titanium. And what about axes/shovels??

A perfect copper hammer:

P.S. No matter how many times and how many forgers I keep telling about forging other than gem tools, they still do gems only…

3 Likes

Ephy’s shop does it well. check his/hers out!
ps hub circarapous portal named Sami

1 Like

Ha! That is so great! I love it! a copper hammer that can 1-shot the first 3 planet lvls… 2000dmg bwahahaha!.. i am laughing my ■■■■■ off right now at how much money we’ve all wasted…

3 Likes

Difficult to tell whether it’s a sarcasm or not…

Does anyone know of a spreadsheet with the different healths of the stuff on each planet?

2 Likes

It wasnt… i actually busted up laughing. I didn’t know any of this! I didnt know you could put that much damage on a copper hammer…I feel like i’ve been lied to this whole time with forging. so it was more of a laughing at myself type thing.

Well, a hammer with 2k dmg is perfect for mining copper/iron/coal/rocks. You don’t need to go to high lvl planets for those. So you don;t need expensive gem hammers for those tasks, but that’s what the vast majority only offers…