Are we "Over Forging"?

ya it is!

hey, on that spreadsheet, what does the “soft” “hard” mean?

it does… look in the notes on those cells

1 Like

thx! this is very useful

rusty brain wheels start turning

I have a totem and a stone spanner you may be interested in then lol

1 Like

Perhaps a bit off topic but maybe not, I have a gold fist with autoharvest on it and it is amazing, but I can barely afford another gold fist let alone one with autoharvest again. Is it possible to put autoharvest on a totem I can just hold in my offhand while I hunt? That would make buying fists easier.

Another noobie forge thing is to simply make tools with durability mod on them. I bought a fist one time for same price as others, but it had 2x durability from a forge effect. This was basically a buy one get one free deal to me. If forging those is cheaper than selling me two basic tools, that’s another low end forging revenue stream.

There are lots of stores that sell failed or not maxed forged tools

Ephy is sellig max autoharvest max glow chisels for 5k.
its a long term invesment as theyre not meant to be used for chiseling
ps hub ciracarpous player portal labled Sami

1 Like

I am hoping to be dipping into the forged game before the month is over (my playtime has been reduced by lots of OT at work). When I do I will be focusing on more affordable forged tools and weapons made of metal and alloys.

Excellent! Adding glow onto it is even better!

i do forging since i can… and that is since i got some reactive lamella. forged all iron cause effectiveness is high without coils. i got forge smith character which is maxed at… lvl 16? i forgot

3.5k does one shot on T5?.. quickly takes titanium 3x3 off store plinth

1 Like

Yes to auto harvest on totem. It’s what a lot do with hammers as well.

1 Like

I’m getting the feeling that when you say “forging” you don’t mean stick some raw ore into the furnace, smelt it into bars and then put them with some glue, stick and sackcloth into the workbench and chose to make a hammer out of it.

So, what am I missing here? What is the difference of the various tools, and how can new players learn what is what and what is best for what?

Forging is basically enchanting in many other games out there today. You can enhance the stats: make them swing faster, hit 9 blocks at once, hit harder, auto harvest/collect what you break, and more things.

You need the centraforge to make these things. Forging is pretty complex and cumbersome at first. There are a lot of helpful videos and guides on the forums and YouTube however that can at least get you an idea of what to do and where to start.

If you knew all this already and it was tongue in cheek hen just ignore me :man_dancing:

Didn’t know any of it and very thankful for the info. Will be checking into watching videos to learn about it. My son mentioned he needed to get a centraforge but I was more focused on my base and what I wanted/needed to change. Making tools will be his area, I will focus on cooking/brewing.
We are taking our time, learning and will build up stock before we do anything. He wants to put in a portal which surprised me.

1 Like

I’m still working on exact numbers, but we forgot to take block armor into account. So, without any strength brew, the Ruby hammer above was just barely not breaking them. Rest assured I am working on it tho! I would imagine with 1 or 2 more lvls into the damage boon and it would’ve done fine… It was fine mining with it tho! I got plenty of diamonds even tho it took 2 hits, it was twice as fast… so timewise it evened out. Durability notsomuch tho =(

I forge literally anything anyone asks me to and i price per forge.

I naturally charge less for less powerful tools as they naturally need less to make

This has nothing to do with end product supply lacking, but lack of demand for them. These lower tier tools need a max miner to be effective as well. I used to forge iron but you just get so much more out of titanium and gem forged tools. I forged a single silver 3x3 hammer and it was just brutal.

Its so easy to make 20k its not even funny, and with that i would forge you two epic forged titanium tools with anything you want on them, which would get you your investment back easily

I can’t say what matters to other people but the only ingredient I don’t have multiple smart stacks of are trophies. This pretty much means the only cost to forge a good is getting the right boons. Throwing an extra paste or two, with a few boon compounds doesn’t concern me.

I should also note that I don’t sell items. Mostly just make a few stacks here and there for a rainy day or farming rock.

I have been experimenting with AOE only tools. Even gem ones don’t 1shot rock on a max level miner on t1, so I have to get at least 2 boons, dmg and AOE.

If I have 2 boons, then I need trait reduction gum to force points into them, or the boon points will go into random thing. At this point it’s almost the same as just doing a perfect 3 stat hammer dmg AOE and dura. Even so, I try to guide most of the points into longevity, as I only need a couple ticks of dmg.

That dura though :frowning:

To be fair the issue with ruby hammers is they are made out of ruby’s and they are a pain to get normally.

Sure you can gem chisel them from diamonds but a lot of people seem to forget that plus diamond hammers were the best for so long there are probably plenty still in stock so until more needs to be forged it’s what you will see.