Are we "Over Forging"?

there are no options, there are allmost only those “all purpose hammers” for 20k and above
the only ones that had some not so good hammers that are good for some stuff i did was “cheaper than dirt” and u bought allmost all of theyr hammers.

so if you are starting selling more specific hammers im sure ppl willl buy, at least i will do.
placing a sign with all the stats help to, because as @helios said, im to lazy clicking 2 minutes around to figure out if i want that hammer or not.

1 Like

My harvesters prefer aoe iron tools for gathering stone and soil in mass quantity. Cheap, high yield, and 1 shot when paired with cheap strength brews.

1 Like

Collecting 360 diamonds is pretty easy, you get enough for a masscraft of 50 refined diamonds (36 compact diamonds) , which allows you to build 20 Diamond hammers (44 refined diamonds).

So i prefere to waste my forge ingredients on gem tools with higher base stats than on low tier tools. Especially because rr feathers are rare for me.

Also you get another 30 Diamond Hammers every third masscraft. Because you have an additional 3x14 = 42 compact diamonds and 4x6=24 refined diamonds.

That means with 1080 diamonds you get 90 Diamond Hammers. Good luck on using them.
And trust me 1080 Diamonds is nothing, if you get 100-300 diamonds in less than an hour.

so, diamond hammers should just be well cheaper then, if diamond is so easy to get?

5 Likes

all gems are easy to get if u know how and have already forged gem tools >.<

1 Like

To be honest, i have no clue, because i’m not using the market most of the time. I only buy raw waxy earthyams and sell atlas. Also i can’t compare the time effort vs coins per forged item because of that.

I can only say, that i have no issues collecting diamonds. Not speaking about other gems. But i also spend more time than others in this game.

But yeah, that was also my opinion on gems, when i joined the game, especially with bomb mining back then.

Edit:
Thanks to @Crete i need to check out ruby hammers now, thanks for the tip.
Edit 2:
Ok, their base damage is bad, nvm.

i wonder for what price i should sell diamond hammers (clean) but got no clue
i allready sell adv coils of any kinds for 8k and they sold very fast, and i think thats cheap compared to regular coil prices but im sure they could be cheaper and it would still be worth it.

Yes. Gems should be priced closer to 350 . I have thousands. A good farm run yields 900-1k gems a run per hammer with 5 persist pies and 20 brews. Roughly.

Problem is if it’s still the easiest to craft for 1 shotting blocks on high worlds it’s demand will be higher plus people will have made a ton when the prices were higher thus want to get their money back vs the current gem market.

Okay, trying to understand this all. This has me wondering, guessing, if the ability to get and some players have large amounts of diamonds, cheaper diamond hammers can be made and sold at a lower price. This should allow mid range players to be able to afford them so they can get the better items, gems, gold and silver ores and some titanium. Along with getting experience and more from mining and surviving the rigors of level five planets. If they can add brews that can help it will make it better for them. Sounds like a win-win situation. Miners who have a lot of diamonds can sell them cheaper and players can advance and then buy the more expensive gem tools as they make money from what they mine.
Correct me if I am wrong in this guessing.

Yep same, i took a titanium with 3.4k damage on Serp and was just shy, used a low end brew and whammo, one shotting yay. Finallly got to mass craft me some diamonds…

its not only the gem price that dominates the gem tool price. gem tools are a material to get forged gem tools. And in this endproduct come many many more materials. the price is dependent on other factors.

additionally: when so many player farmed gems, they are out of gem tools now (because they used them on the gem hunt) and need to restock before anything else. and this takes other materials too. so many gems get stockpiled for some time and are not available on the market

Their base damage is bad for what? a lvl 8 planet that doesnt exist yet?

Other than damage that can be forged up to lvl 6 1-shot numbers, Ruby stats are better. 2x speed. 200 more dura, and a third less energy drain… I dunno, i still think they would be better to forge.

1 Like

I just finished my first “Specifically Forged” Item. Easy to make, and does the job cheaply:

The Chainsaw:

-Enough damage to 1 hit a lvl1-3 planet tree ( lvl 3 planets 1-hit with max str, and damage epic. +some axe mastery)
-New player friendly with no energy drain (Cause noone likes putting points into energy at first)
-Fast enough to chop up wildstock, lol
-Enough durability to net you at least 3 stacks of your favorite color wood (more with pers pie)

Pricing will probably be set at around the 6000c mark.

2 Likes

Edit: Woops, maybe i should mention that i’m only speaking about aoe tools, sorry :see_no_evil:

1. I prefere the higher base damage, not saying it is better for everyone or every situation.

2. I need a higher damage modifier for ruby than for diamond hammers in the forge to reach the damage i want -> takes longer, maybe i get unlucky and need to spend way more ressources or fail and get not the right tier of modifiers i want.

3. Edit: Ok, Ruby isn’t 2x of Diamond for me because i have +20 Action Speed of my Skills, so it is only ~42% faster for me (50 compared to 35).

4. Yes, for low tier planets you don’t need to use an overforged AOE Hammer, if you only want to farm the blocks. I think ruby would be better there, true :slight_smile:

Soon Original Forgeries will open a stall on the New Leyden Market on Gellis!
They do copper, iron, titanium and of course gem tools… They also do custom orders!

Need brews? Tomorrow Brews 'n Stuff will finally start selling brews at the New Leyden Market!

Of course Noms 'n More is selling all the lovely pies and loafs, a Teaching loaf only 549c! And, oh yeah, also New Leyden Market!

Coin Converters will be added ASAP as well for making coin thru request baskets!

And these are just a sampling of the shops that are there! We also have Quick Brick for all your brick needs, _Senji’s Weapons for tools and weapons and Odds 'n Ends shop and many more to come!

Want a 1x2 or 2x2 plot on the market? Just ask! Want to settle in New Leyden, Gellis’ #5 settlement? Ask!

We can be found thru a portal at Gellis Prime in front of city hall, portal at the shop level at Ultima Aqua HQ on Finata, Ultima Mall (bottom level), Lamblis PS Hub, Ancient Eresho market (which soon will have a small Noms 'n More of it’s own!) and Serp Gate!

2 Likes

where to buy?

I just put my first 2 out @ InfiniPlexx.

Red Lvl, Ultima HQ Hub. or Aquarius Network Raxxa hub. or Aquatopia Embassy, Beckon (Look for the big sign in sky).

Physical location is Capital City, Raxxa

I really wanna know how these work! I think the combo of forge effects is pretty good. and it is cheaper to make than some forge effects

Also, just finished a tri-batch of Lvl1-3 planet 3x3 1-shot hammers. Took a bit more to forge, but I did everything to keep prices lower (Like not using Roadrunner Feathers)

The Drill Level 3:

Price is set at 12k