Arent we like 3 weeks behind on the "weekly" update?

Few weeks ago I’ve already heard some mumblings from some more respected players that Therka Market and PG were becoming ghost towns slowly if they weren’t already there. I am not sure what the new resource redistribution has to do with this because I really can’t see how that would be a problem with all those gateway connections. Besides, building a little base on another planet can’t be that hard (how hard can it be to make a square block of 8x8x8 base and put a door on it). With the PG and Therka Market being so well established, its to the advantage of all those already there.

Besides, the resource redistribution, if I read the patch notes correctly, it would not be instant. It will work its way in gradually through world regen, so if no one mines anything, nothing will regen and no new resources will spawn either.

1 Like

We force whole world resource regeneration. The testing branch has the latest resource distribution on if you want to delve in to the caves etc you can see the difference.

Quite a few people have been playing the testing branch so that has split the players base across the versions. We are aiming to bring all the new features over the live soon so I expect more people back on that as it has more worlds etc, and we do reset things (eg characters/world) on testing now and again, its not a permanent thing.

1 Like

oh i know @knightsb / @michaelb … i am not annoyed - i love this game and will play until my fingers bleed - and then until they break :wink:

But without the population it is somewhat of a single player game at the moment that is all i am saying - but everyone knows that once updates are established (and the steam news reflects this) there will be an influx of new players (for one - @PanzerXII / Cowking2000 (cow is not on the forums) has already joined the game - with another 2 hopefully on their way so :stuck_out_tongue: word of mouth guys - word of mouth :wink:

Am i a fan boy…??? not really… low-end groupy maybe - but i want this game to succeed so :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’d totally consider myself a fanboy and a hardcore groupy. I’ve purchased 6 copies of the game for friends who couldn’t afford it just to get more people playing boundless. I wanna help get this game on the radar, even more than it already is.

6 Likes

well as long as you have admitted it - i have got this one and 2 main others - a copy i gave to a mate who returned it QQ so that makes a total of 4 playable copies - i bought for @PanzerXII - his freind Cowking bought for himself - cow is going halves to buy his mate one and im going to buy one for another friend so XD

yeh ok im a friggin fan boy QQ

3 Likes

I don’t think that’s what happened at all with Therka/PG, there were some fallouts between players and it resulted in some places being more deserted than usual. In Elop Portas (shameless plug) we have quite prolific community going on, I wouldn’t think about moving because of resource distribution. As @knightsb said how hard it can be to throw a beacon here and there, I have probably a dozen lying all around, makes exploration easier and quick crafting some stuff or cooking bearable. What’s more if you settle in an area where you expect resources you’ll just hinder the regen, maybe I’m missing something but it’s not too appealing to me :slight_smile:

I hate that pixel gate is so dead. It’s too awesome of a city to be so abandoned but at the same time I understand the desire to build elseware. I too have that desire but used all my plots on my star shop, which is why I bought another account to get more plots. :smiling_imp:

5 Likes

meh i am just waiting for the update so i can claim an entire planet muhahaha

1 Like