Arent we like 3 weeks behind on the "weekly" update?

In that case when we finally do get one I hope its the update I know we’ve ALL been waiting for? Id wait another 6-8 weeks with no updates if I knew the one we finally DO get will be THAT update heh

Nope, all of the weekly updates have been going into the test server lately, as they introduced more instabilities than they wanted in the live server. Once all of the new features they want to include in the next update to live are in and reasonably stable, we will see a large update to the live servers. You can play the test servers right now if you like, and you can follow the weekly updates to testing servers in the dev-log.

9 Likes

Each update has been for the test server. There are only so many people working on this game and that’s where there energy is going right now.
When it does finally go live the game will be a completely different game.
If you are looking for new content I highly recommend visiting the test server. It has a new tutorial, skills, and much more.

4 Likes

Im not looking for new content. Infact I dont even game on PC (I can but I refuse to). Thus the only update Im greatly anticipating is the one that tells me what date I can finally play this on my PS4 and how much its gonna cost me.

Since this game is SUPPOSED to come out this year and theres only 12 months in a year and we’re halfway through month 6. Im dripping with anticipation that that date should be being announced vvveeeerrrrryyyy soon

2 Likes

We are getting closer. After the skills are out I think all they will need to compleat is titans and I have a feeling that they have been quietly working on that in the back ground.
I am also eager for the ps4 release! :heart_eyes_cat:

3 Likes

I am excited too, but I do not think they will make this year. This next update will be a big leap forward.

6 Likes

I dont think they will either but it would be nice to tell us now insteas of making us wait til sept or november to tell us that when itll already be painfully obvious at that point

I feel like they are close to being on track. I may eat my words and I am happy to be wrong but I think we will be playing boundless 1.0 by the end of the year or at least early 2018. But I’m an optimist and that doesn’t always serve me well. :wink:

2 Likes

The thing about announcing release dates is that they kind of halt creative development. For a company to say “Our game will be ready by this date”, they are essentially stating that they know the extent of what they want to put in the game and how long it will take. Boundless feels like a good game right now, and the update will be a huge improvement, but personally I don’t feel it’s reached it’s peak of creative development yet. I think there is a lot more than can be added, some after launch sure, but if we get an announcement soon, we can bet there won’t be much more added than we already know about.

I’d like to see the game reach it’s full potential, and might even suggest growing the team a bit more, but I also know the struggles of release dates, and completely irrational and volatile fan reactions to those dates. It’s terrifying for a dev team to have to live up to the unrealistic expectations that fans place on them. That’s why I feel this game and its team have done such a great job limiting media exposure and not mass advertising quite yet. It gives them more freedom to create and refine the awesome content they want to be able to fit in it.

10 Likes

I think what @duomaxwell007 meant was that the last weekly update came on may 26th and there hasn’t been another update since. Not complaining but I check almost daily for the next weekly update and its been a while :stuck_out_tongue:

cough cough

3 weeks of updates

10 Likes

oh ok, didnt know they changed the name and category they put em now hehe used to be under devlog category. Thx!

It is not the same but it gives insight on what the team is doing.

2 Likes

Thats why you either do what bethesda does and dont announxe a GAME at all until its practically done and 3 months out (i.e fallout 4s annoucement and Anthem). But at the same time you also d9nt tell ppl a game os coming in 2017 then wait til nov/dec 2017 to tell em it wont. You should know MONTHS in advanced if youre gonna hit the target year. I mean Shenmue 3 was supposed to come out by Dec 2017 and 2 weeks ago they annouced that itll be delayed and wont hit til the first half on 2018. THAT is how youre supposed to do it.

Thus were not waitin til November thinking were gonna play in a month only to have our dreams crushed.

Checkout the FAQ entry here, where I basically say the same thing, if we haven’t announced a release date then it’s at least 3 to 6 months off:

6 Likes

I am behind on Weekly Dev Logs because much of the focus has been on wrangling the game into a releasable Testing state. But I will post a collective post shortly. Sometimes it’s hard to write the Weekly Dev Logs when there isn’t much new to talk about. The majority of content would be “attempting to make the game better - it’s hard.”

Expect a weekly update shortly.

11 Likes

It’s alright ! :blush: I was just curious about it, those usually come with more pictures and the kid inside me loves pictures xD

1 Like

and general news :wink:

Regarding[quote=“james, post:15, topic:8046”]
Checkout the FAQ entry here, where I basically say the same thing, if we haven’t announced a release date then it’s at least 3 to 6 months off:
[/quote]

That is the issue with rumors remember last week/week before hey all we have to move from therka and make every major city a ghost-town because the update is comming in 10 days - 2 weeks… we need to stockpile and move to where all the awesome stuff is s we don’t miss out!!! (heard from a player in-game) = everyone listened

so I don’t know where you heard that rumour from but I must have missed the memo on that one. I don’t know how he/she reasoned that making the major cities a ghost town was a good idea because of the new resource distribution.

well i could give the names of the three players but i do not think it would be fair calling them out - but have you not noticed this @knightsb ?