This update is accessible via the "Testing" release of Boundless on Steam.
Please report all issues discovered with the update to this support thread.
Please restart Steam to make sure you get the latest version of Boundless. If the update happens whilst Steam is open it's unlikely you'll get the latest version.
- Art + Animation + Assets:
- Improved day/night cycle lighting settings and added fog to Therka.
- Crafting + Resources + Equipment:
- Campfires and beacons can now be warped into by strangers without permissions by default. Beacons may be configured once created to prevent this action so that only members may warp into the beacon. This allows "public" beacons like market places to allow people to warp into them even if they're not members of the beacons.
- Fixed incorrectly showing plots that can be added when you have a plot REMOVER in your hand.
- Fixed incorrectly showing plots that can be removed when you have a plot ADDED in your hand.
- Fixed not showing plots claimed by campfire in hand if there is something in your right hand.
- Fixed not showing plots that can be added/removed when holding a plot adder/remover in your left hand with something else in the right hand.
- Resources generated with new redistribution.
- Some quality of life changes have been made to the recipe timers.
- Sanctum + Tutorial + Objectives + Progression:
- Balanced weapon and tool damage and speed, so the beginning of the game feels more fun, and less grindy.
- Feats, passive tasks, have been added to the Objectives menu and reward the player with Coin and XP when they are completed.
- Fixed objectives data bug where some objectives where not showing the activate button properly.
- Multiple tutorial objectives have been grouped into a single objective with multiple tasks.
- New descriptions have been added to a number of objectives.
- Objectives can be toggled on or off the HUD in the Objectives menu and up to 5 Objectives can be shown at any time.
- Objectives can be unlocked by performing certain tasks or by completing certain objectives.
- The initial skills order has been modified to match the new tutorial flow.
- Tutorial flow updated, you are no longer required to find a region or travel a certain distance from your campfire to place Beacon.
- Unlearn (the action to forget a skill) has been renamed to Cleanse.
- When you complete the initial tutorial new Objectives will unlock and they will be tracked in the background without the need to activate them.
- GUI + HUD:
- A hint is shown on the HUD for each objective task, instead of per objective.
- Fixing incorrectly showing compass home locations.
- UI for the objectives shown in the HUD has been updated.
- Updated "Shop Stand" GUI
- SFX + Music:
- Fixed issues in smoothly interpolating entities like creatures that caused them to appear to shake somewhat whilst walking around.
- Fixed items like machine crates not having decals shown when in the hand, inventory or dropped into the world.
- Introduced synchronisation of chunk remeshing so that when meshing along chunk borders, the meshed results are applied together synchronously to prevent any "holes" appearing whilst mining around chunk borders. This introduces a slight delay in these cases, but is better than showing through into the underworld!
- Reduced memory usage of world chunk data, this should allow less memory usage in the client and server and also allow more chunks to be stored in the client chunk cache.
- Players now collide with portals while they wait for the other side to load. This should fix most cases where players get stuck on the wrong side of a portal.
Resolved Known Issues:
The following items were known issues in previous releases and have now been resolved.
- Cannot sell some items even if the tint matches on a Buying Plinth.
- Game does not display a message when the maximum number of planet markers has been reached.
- Some Extractor machines lack animation.
The following items are known issues in this release.
[new] Changing the Chunk Cache Size in fullscreen mode will disable game functionality.
[new] Feats - Daily and Weekly Login tasks are not functioning.
[new] Objectives & Feats - Some tasks are not being tracked correctly.
[new] Occasional visible specks appear on screen.
[new] Placing an item into the Crafting Table will somehow miss the intended slot and will drop instead.
- Assigning both mouse buttons to 'Use Left Hand Option' will disable the left mouse button. To fix delete C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\boundless\user_settings\yourname\controls.json.
- Buying plinths that had wanted items set before v151 have unset them. Sorry. Going forward they will be fine.
- Cannot close Inventory when Chat is used.
- Cannot switch tabs on Inventory menu using shoulder buttons on a controller.
- Entity rendering will not always work correctly when there are multiple warps very close together, or where a warp opens up to a location very near where the entrance is.
- Game displays welcome message for a world through a portal without going through it.
- Gem grappling hooks retract automatically when hanging.
- GUI rendered incorrectly on Intel HD graphics (and some AMD / GTX laptop GPUs) on Windows.
- If the game (loader) fails to start on Windows 7 and 8 you may need to install https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/2999226/update-for-universal-c-runtime-in-windows
- If you spend a skill point before the tutorial asks you to, you will be required to unlearn and relearn the skill again.
- Item placed into buying plinth will disappear when placing the same item into storage.
- Item wanted is completely different to what was placed there before on the buying plinth.
- Items will occasionally be unable to smart stack with other items that belong in the same smart stack category.
- Menus may constantly reappear on screen after closing them.
- Opening or closing doors and trapdoors when standing too close to them will restrict player movement. To get out of the situation, interact with the door or trapdoor again.
- Portal UI text overflows when the portal token name is very long.
- Skill descriptions are not final.
- Some creatures may disappear instantly and drop items before their bodies hit the ground.
- Some interactive blocks (crafting table, machine, beacon control) have become corrupted during the migration. This will result in at best those blocks not being able to be interacted with, at worst the game crashing when interacting with those blocks. To fix the issue the block(s) in question need to be re-placed. In the case of anything other than a beacon control the block can simply be broken, picked up, and then re-placed. In the case of a beacon control this will work, although it would result in all the plots having to be re-placed one at a time and during that process the contents being unprotected. A better workaround for a beacon control is to craft a new beacon control, place that, and then break the old one, which will keep the beacon's plots placed throughout the process.
- Speech bubbles may still be displayed above players after going through portals.
- The recipes are not final.
- Using D3DGear http://www.d3dgear.com/ crashes the game on start up.
- Z-fighting with some items (workbench and other machines) when placed underwater.