This update is accessible via the “Live” release of Boundless on Steam.
Please restart Steam to make sure you get the latest version of Boundless. If the update happens whilst Steam is open it’s unlikely you’ll get the latest version.
This release contains all the features and fixes from the Testing 161 to Testing 166 releases, listed below:
- Testing 161: Statributes, Objectives, Settlements, Prestige!
- Testing 162: Mastery, Prediction and Stamina!
- Testing 163: Objectives, Threat, and more GUI!
- Testing 164: Smoother Loading and Smoother Projectiles!
- Testing 165: Tutorial and Balance!
- Testing 166: Fixes and Fixes!
The following items are known issues in this release.
- Assigning both mouse buttons to ‘Use Left Hand Option’ will disable the left mouse button. To fix delete C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\boundless\user_settings\yourname\controls.json.
- Buying plinths that had wanted items set before v151 have unset them. Sorry. Going forward they will be fine.
- Cannot close Inventory when Chat is used.
- Cannot switch tabs on Inventory menu using shoulder buttons on a controller.
- Changing the Chunk Cache Size in fullscreen mode will disable game functionality.
- Entity rendering will not always work correctly when there are multiple warps very close together, or where a warp opens up to a location very near where the entrance is.
- Feats - Daily and Weekly Login tasks are not functioning.
- Game displays welcome message for a world through a portal without going through it.
- Gem grappling hooks retract automatically when hanging.
- GUI rendered incorrectly on Intel HD graphics (and some AMD / GTX laptop GPUs) on Windows.
- If the game (loader) fails to start on Windows 7 and 8 you may need to install https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/2999226/update-for-universal-c-runtime-in-windows
- If you spend a skill point before the tutorial asks you to, you will be required to unlearn and relearn the skill again.
- Item placed into buying plinth will disappear when placing the same item into storage.
- Item wanted is completely different to what was placed there before on the buying plinth.
- Items will occasionally be unable to smart stack with other items that belong in the same smart stack category.
- Menus may constantly reappear on screen after closing them.
- Objectives & Feats - Some tasks are not being tracked correctly.
- Occasional visible specks appear on screen.
- Opening or closing doors and trapdoors when standing too close to them will restrict player movement. To get out of the situation, interact with the door or trapdoor again.
- Placing an item into the Crafting Table will somehow miss the intended slot and will drop instead.
- Portal UI text overflows when the portal token name is very long.
- Skill descriptions are not final.
- Some creatures may disappear instantly and drop items before their bodies hit the ground.
- Some interactive blocks (crafting table, machine, beacon control) have become corrupted during the migration. This will result in at best those blocks not being able to be interacted with, at worst the game crashing when interacting with those blocks. To fix the issue the block(s) in question need to be re-placed. In the case of anything other than a beacon control the block can simply be broken, picked up, and then re-placed. In the case of a beacon control this will work, although it would result in all the plots having to be re-placed one at a time and during that process the contents being unprotected. A better workaround for a beacon control is to craft a new beacon control, place that, and then break the old one, which will keep the beacon’s plots placed throughout the process.
- Some requirements for objectives ‘Building A Spark Source’ and ‘Setting Up a Request Basket’ are not working.
- Sound effects for Portal and Warp Conduits may be missing.
- Speech bubbles may still be displayed above players after going through portals.
- The recipes are not final.
- Using D3DGear http://www.d3dgear.com/ crashes the game on start up.
- Z-fighting with some items (workbench and other machines) when placed underwater.
- Fixed an issue where players would collide with active Portals.
- Fixed an issue where players were not able to unlock more objectives after skipping the Tutorial.
- Fix for too many active portals across game worlds being processed.
- Fixed more than one portal rendering at a time.
- Fixed an issue where portals would stuck presented as grey and not recover until a restart.
- Fixed server crash when a player changes to a tool/weapon in the sanctum then hits a block or entity after going through a portal.