Release 167: Player Progression and Build Progression!

This update is accessible via the “Live” release of Boundless on Steam.

Please report all issues discovered with the update to this support thread.

Please restart Steam to make sure you get the latest version of Boundless. If the update happens whilst Steam is open it’s unlikely you’ll get the latest version.

Overview:

…posted soon…

Release Notes:

This release contains all the features and fixes from the Testing 161 to Testing 166 releases, listed below:

Known Issues:

The following items are known issues in this release.

• Assigning both mouse buttons to ‘Use Left Hand Option’ will disable the left mouse button. To fix delete C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\boundless\user_settings\yourname\controls.json.
  • Buying plinths that had wanted items set before v151 have unset them. Sorry. Going forward they will be fine.
  • Cannot close Inventory when Chat is used.
  • Cannot switch tabs on Inventory menu using shoulder buttons on a controller.
  • Changing the Chunk Cache Size in fullscreen mode will disable game functionality.
  • Entity rendering will not always work correctly when there are multiple warps very close together, or where a warp opens up to a location very near where the entrance is.
  • Feats - Daily and Weekly Login tasks are not functioning.
  • Game displays welcome message for a world through a portal without going through it.
  • Gem grappling hooks retract automatically when hanging.
  • GUI rendered incorrectly on Intel HD graphics (and some AMD / GTX laptop GPUs) on Windows.
  • If the game (loader) fails to start on Windows 7 and 8 you may need to install https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/2999226/update-for-universal-c-runtime-in-windows
  • If you spend a skill point before the tutorial asks you to, you will be required to unlearn and relearn the skill again.
  • Item placed into buying plinth will disappear when placing the same item into storage.
  • Item wanted is completely different to what was placed there before on the buying plinth.
  • Items will occasionally be unable to smart stack with other items that belong in the same smart stack category.
  • Menus may constantly reappear on screen after closing them.
  • Objectives & Feats - Some tasks are not being tracked correctly.
  • Occasional visible specks appear on screen.
  • Opening or closing doors and trapdoors when standing too close to them will restrict player movement. To get out of the situation, interact with the door or trapdoor again.
  • Placing an item into the Crafting Table will somehow miss the intended slot and will drop instead.
  • Portal UI text overflows when the portal token name is very long.
  • Skill descriptions are not final.
  • Some creatures may disappear instantly and drop items before their bodies hit the ground.
  • Some interactive blocks (crafting table, machine, beacon control) have become corrupted during the migration. This will result in at best those blocks not being able to be interacted with, at worst the game crashing when interacting with those blocks. To fix the issue the block(s) in question need to be re-placed. In the case of anything other than a beacon control the block can simply be broken, picked up, and then re-placed. In the case of a beacon control this will work, although it would result in all the plots having to be re-placed one at a time and during that process the contents being unprotected. A better workaround for a beacon control is to craft a new beacon control, place that, and then break the old one, which will keep the beacon’s plots placed throughout the process.
  • Some requirements for objectives ‘Building A Spark Source’ and ‘Setting Up a Request Basket’ are not working.
  • Sound effects for Portal and Warp Conduits may be missing.
  • Speech bubbles may still be displayed above players after going through portals.
  • The recipes are not final.
  • Using D3DGear http://www.d3dgear.com/ crashes the game on start up.
  • Z-fighting with some items (workbench and other machines) when placed underwater.

Release 167.1:

• Fixed an issue where players would collide with active Portals.
  • Fixed an issue where players were not able to unlock more objectives after skipping the Tutorial.

Release 167.2:

• Fix for too many active portals across game worlds being processed.
  • Fixed more than one portal rendering at a time.

Release 167.3:

• Fixed an issue where portals would stuck presented as grey and not recover until a restart.

Release 167.4:

• Fixed server crash when a player changes to a tool/weapon in the sanctum then hits a block or entity after going through a portal.
14 Likes

i like everything that’s added but i will say that everything is much slower, sort of… less responsive than the original feel of, well i guess “powered up” characters.

It starts out that way, but it’s relatively quick to get past some of that slowness, once you start adding statributes etc. Some aspects of it are then much faster than the earlier “powered up” version. Definitely gives you a feeling of progressing though :wink:

2 Likes

harder to do that when the existing characters dont have all the objectives available. but doable later on i’m sure

Iron is again on the menu bois!

6 Likes

Why isn’t eating unlocked early on? You can kill critters but I can’t heal? That to me should be a base function once you learn to kill critters.

I may have overstocked a little in preparation for this release … :blush:

12 Likes

eating is unlocked just hold down for longer than the animation, like 4 extra seconds @Dr8cK0

Update fixed the portal issue ^^ Thanks devs!

4 Likes

Updated OP with details of a patch release.

7 Likes

I have a question, how many objectives slots are we supposed to have? I noticed the same issue we had over at testing, those with characters prior to the change only have 2 objectives slots.

Is the max 5? Cuz I’m currently level 8 and hold 2 objective slots. Sorry If I’m missing anything.

Or are objectives retroactive and tracking constantly now? And you just have those slots to have them on your hud?

This … I think!
I’ve had a few complete without actively tracking them

3 Likes

I haven’t had retroactive, but the objectives do track whether you are tracking or not, you just have to manually claim the objective reward

2 Likes

I had only one objective for activation and no one completed. I think two slots is too much for single objective :joy:

1 Like

Does anyone know if there is a cap on skill points? How many if so?

yes there is a limit you get through 50 levels - dunno how much but in testing there were many skills I couldnt get after reaching the top level;

all needs to be tested etc now and we will definitely see balancing in future - one thing for sure: you need to plan how you spend your skill points

Little hard to do if I don’t know how many I will get. But thanks for the information

You can always unlearn a skill if you have enough cleanse points. Select the skill you want to forget and click confirm to get your points back. You get a Cleanse each time you level.

Will there eventually be functionality to allow players to unlock all the skills, or was it intended to be strategic, in the sense that you would need multiple max-level characters to have access to all the skills?

It is intended to be a strategy to promote character diversity. If you want to master multiple areas you can either respec your character or create an alternative character when we have more character slots.

7 Likes