This update is accessible via the "Testing" release of Boundless on Steam.
Please report all issues discovered with the update to this support thread.
Please restart Steam to make sure you get the latest version of Boundless. If the update happens whilst Steam is open it's unlikely you'll get the latest version.
- Crafting + Resources + Equipment:
- Damage changes have been made to the early levels to speed up breaking blocks.
- Storage shelves have been made easier to craft.
- Wanted Basket has been renamed to Request Basket.
- You now get more Timber blocks per Trunk.
- Sanctum + Tutorial + Objectives + Progression:
- "Bookmarking And Sharing Locations" has been fixed.
- "Building A Crafting Furnace: Part II" has been fixed.
- "Hunting Creatures" is a new objective and informs you about collecting items from creatures.
- "Improve Your Beacon Base" prestige rating required has been increased.
- "Time To Collect Resources" has been altered. You are now required to gather Starberries and the text has been updated.
- New descriptions have been added to some of the objectives.
- Quality-of-life improvements have been made to the tutorial to avoid the need to repeat actions you may have already completed.
- The experience multiplier for completing objectives has been reduced from x3 to x1.5.
- GUI + HUD:
- Item Crafting recipes have been swapped with Equipment Crafting recipes in the GUI.
- New icons have been added to the skill tree.
- UI improvements have been made to how objectives are displayed on the HUD.
- Updated Trading GUI
- Bug fixes:
- Resolved an issue where creatures wouldn't attack you if you hit them.
- Resolved an issue where Feats you've completed would be shown repeatedly.
- Resolved an issue where the coordinates were being incorrectly calculated in the GUI.
- Resolved an issue where the first two slots in the inventory would be locked.
- Resolved an issue where the server would crash when crafting under certain conditions.
- Resolved an issue where travelling through a Portal would cause a crash.
The following items are known issues in this release.
[new] Some requirements for objectives 'Building A Spark Source' and 'Setting Up a Request Basket' are not working.
[new] Sound effects for Portal and Warp Conduits may be missing.
- Assigning both mouse buttons to 'Use Left Hand Option' will disable the left mouse button. To fix delete C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\boundless\user_settings\yourname\controls.json.
- Buying plinths that had wanted items set before v151 have unset them. Sorry. Going forward they will be fine.
- Cannot close Inventory when Chat is used.
- Cannot switch tabs on Inventory menu using shoulder buttons on a controller.
- Changing the Chunk Cache Size in fullscreen mode will disable game functionality.
- Entity rendering will not always work correctly when there are multiple warps very close together, or where a warp opens up to a location very near where the entrance is.
- Feats - Daily and Weekly Login tasks are not functioning.
- Game displays welcome message for a world through a portal without going through it.
- Gem grappling hooks retract automatically when hanging.
- GUI rendered incorrectly on Intel HD graphics (and some AMD / GTX laptop GPUs) on Windows.
- If the game (loader) fails to start on Windows 7 and 8 you may need to install https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/2999226/update-for-universal-c-runtime-in-windows
- If you spend a skill point before the tutorial asks you to, you will be required to unlearn and relearn the skill again.
- Item placed into buying plinth will disappear when placing the same item into storage.
- Item wanted is completely different to what was placed there before on the buying plinth.
- Items will occasionally be unable to smart stack with other items that belong in the same smart stack category.
- Menus may constantly reappear on screen after closing them.
- Objectives & Feats - Some tasks are not being tracked correctly.
- Occasional visible specks appear on screen.
- Opening or closing doors and trapdoors when standing too close to them will restrict player movement. To get out of the situation, interact with the door or trapdoor again.
- Placing an item into the Crafting Table will somehow miss the intended slot and will drop instead.
- Portal UI text overflows when the portal token name is very long.
- Skill descriptions are not final.
- Some creatures may disappear instantly and drop items before their bodies hit the ground.
- Some interactive blocks (crafting table, machine, beacon control) have become corrupted during the migration. This will result in at best those blocks not being able to be interacted with, at worst the game crashing when interacting with those blocks. To fix the issue the block(s) in question need to be re-placed. In the case of anything other than a beacon control the block can simply be broken, picked up, and then re-placed. In the case of a beacon control this will work, although it would result in all the plots having to be re-placed one at a time and during that process the contents being unprotected. A better workaround for a beacon control is to craft a new beacon control, place that, and then break the old one, which will keep the beacon's plots placed throughout the process.
- Speech bubbles may still be displayed above players after going through portals.
- The recipes are not final.
- Using D3DGear http://www.d3dgear.com/ crashes the game on start up.
- Z-fighting with some items (workbench and other machines) when placed underwater.