Those beautiful buildings!

Hello!
I entered into the game and saw that my building was gone.

Before

After

Yes. I did not go into the game for a couple of months. Did not put the fuel. My fault.
But look at the screens below.

Owner left box.

Owner rights box/thing/[place idk…

Owner

Owner

Those guys didn’t play in Boundless 1 year or more… And I waited for them to disappear. MORE YEAR!!!
No, they calmly stand and decorate this world.
Dear developers. Can you do something with this? Thanks.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’d love to see those gone too (and such). I wasn’t for the proposed all beacons to the max when fuel was initially introduced, but there we are :confused:

yea it is really annoying to explore a planet finding nothing but dirt boxes and beacons sitting around by players who quit ages ago

the street i unplotted there because it was not used i was thinking you took it away the build lol what a shame it looked supernice i gladly offer you a portal onplaza hub to your build if ya want :smile:

1 Like

When Beacon Fuel was introduced we auto fuelled all beacons for 6 months. This was released as part of Release 167 on 21st June. So the auto fuelled beacons will not expire until ~21st December.

We auto fuelled the beacons because it was a new mechanic that hadn’t been explained to players who had already placed beacons. They didn’t know that their beacons might have expired next time they signed in. Maybe 6 months was too long. But we were attempting to do the right thing for all players.

I’m sorry that your build has been regenerated - because it looked really beautiful.

We’re updating fuel again to better control the duration of beacons new player can create. This will mean that new players who only put in a couple of hours can’t easily create beacons that are fuelled for 6 months.

That said, we also need to make sure that the game is open to players who don’t play every day or even every week. Not everyone play schedule is the same.

Maintaining, iterating and migrating a live environment is actually a big challenge. It would be waaaaay easier if we wiped the worlds with every release which is what would happen if the game wasn’t developed whilst in Early Access. (This isn’t a complaint - rather just describing the extra challenges and efforts we put in to maintain the universe whilst still developing it.) As it would be required after 1.0 I think it’s important we get good at it before 1.0!!

I hope you create something new and even more awesome.

13 Likes

Oh, thank you) But i want to finish my old base. When my non-playing neighbors will disappear - 21 Dec.

I still believe that a wipe will never happen, James.
My post was more a soul cry than a complaint.

4 Likes

Yeah no problem.

I just wanted to give the community some details on how (and why) we got to where we are.

3 Likes

Sorry for that, it was really nice.

3 Likes