Art: Containers animation test

its not okay to have meshes collide, you really think its okay to see the box expand through the wall? :confused:

1 Like

@zouls As I already mentioned, it’s not finished it’s just giving a feel of what looks cool. We can just wait and not show stuff in progress but then it’ll get pretty quiet here.

4 Likes

Nooo not the silent treatment. :scream:

1 Like

im sorry >.<

it looks extremely cool though, just hope it wont take the 5 sec or so as showed to open it :smiley:

I thought it was showing different variations of how it opens in animation 2

Aye I believe that’s what it was doing as well. 5 second open times would be ridiculous.
Potentially we could get a chest that opens in different ways depending on what’s bordering it. I would be fine with a little bit of clipping as well… Every game has things like that and I don’t think it should be a huge issue.

Correct! We’re not planning on having the chest do a 10 second dance before you can get anything out of it! :speak_no_evil:

1 Like

Good work !
I think second animation is awesome, a good solution would be for example, highlighting how the player goes to the box, and the animation as it opens:>

ah sorry. i thought that was the case which is why i found it overkill

i think i like this and the last setting the most :smiley:

there is part of the 2nd one that looks kinda like a swastika
gotta keep an eye out for that kind of visual association lest people go nuts on what was clearly not intended

1 Like

people will go nuts about anything.

Welcome to the internet and declining education.

1 Like

Nomber 1 is cool :))

Nomber 2 is ok :PP

I love seeing little tests like this, thanks for sharing.

4 Likes

Wouldn’t it be cooler if a container had animations that change sometimes? Different open animations for one container?