Art: Grappling hook (w.i.p.)

Hi guys,
i’m going to share with you some concepts for the grappling hook. You can also see some Maya mock-up for the mesh.
The tool is going to be an Oort cube powered magnet that is going to stick on the target and allow you to reach some specific points. The connection between the handle and the actual grappling hook will be possibly energy of some sort.

18 Likes

Looks good. Although the animation is a little bit weird. If the connection between handle and hook is energy then the animation shouldn’t look like it’s a rope^^
I’m not even sure the frequency of the energy should change if it should look like that.

The animation is not really representative. Is just a crude mock-up i did in Maya for show what is suppose to happen.
Our animators are going to work on it once the mesh is completed and they can do a proper job on it. Forgive me :smiley:

1 Like

No problem^^ I was just wondering because it didn’t look right^^

I like how evolve does it

the first few seconds you can see his harpoon, its basically just instantly, beam type and its kinda floaty. i wouldnt mind a slick straight hook, for me there is no need for it to vibrate. but thats a matter of choice XD

EDIT: meaning i think it would look better as a sort of beam, would also be alot more logical in terms of weight, how they can carry and the person swinging and take so much force without breaking.

1 Like

This look so great!!!
I love the hook!!
And the idea that it will be a "block power"that keeps them together.

1 Like

In mine opinion youre doing great job !

2 Likes

We gonna keep the hook?! YAY!!! When it came out there was an rumor that you’ll remove it later. but you won’t, otherwise this would’ve been a waste of time. Yaaay Hooks for evirioan!

1 Like

Please show how it works when character is using! Is it possible to do rappel?

its like now i imagine, just textured, ya dont own the game?

1 Like

Every game should have a grappling hook!! its my very favorite feature of Oort so far! The freedom of swinging here and there (especially trying to get away from cranky piggies!) :lester: :pig2:

2 Likes