Art: New Creatures (Exploding Hopper and Ground Basher)

Fun fun fun! Thanks for posting!

1 Like

11 is my faveā€¦he looks pissed and i love the cracks in his back like he is soo cranky, one misstep will have him explode!

:nysurprise:

EDIT: OH! also when he explodes, he spews out spores or eggs to make more little guys? and maybe have them scatter so they can crawl in a hole to grow up nice and cranky :wink:

4 Likes

The exploding hopper model is looking great! Also the ground basher is an interesting concept, Iā€™m interested for when it gets modeled.

1 Like

This looks really good,I love the Groung smasher look. And Iā€™d put one eye on the Hopper.
But Great good!!! Keep it up

1 Like

Awesome idea! Yeah weā€™re certainly playing with the next creature actively engaging the sandboxā€¦and hopefully creating some scaling variety too! :smile:

2 Likes

That makes sense. Because exploding would definitely not be an evolutionary advantage.

3 Likes

Might be explainable (spreads eggs/children? Maybe we become unknowing hosts. ā€¦and now weā€™re a sci-fi horror game :P)

This might be a little info to think about.
Itā€™s how creepers spread.

I imagine this creature hopping up, tucking in its ligaments, and doing a sonic suicide dash attack.

1 Like

Oh yeahā€“the gravid ones could explode.

:scream_cat:

This is cool. Sorta makes me think of Borderlands elemental creatures:

5 Likes

Well bees also die after they attacked. So there are also ā€œkamikazeā€ creatures in the real worldā€¦

3 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Ideas for creature spawning rules

Thatā€™s true, but worker bees only tend the nascent bee-lings. They donā€™t create 'em. Still not a great evolutionary advantage unless they explode when carrying fertilized eggs.

I think @Nevir was on to something there. Itā€™s the stuff of nightmares. :grinning:

1 Like

We are going to be killed by alot of these guys in dungeons arent we? :frowning_woman:

1 Like

I think many of these will be basic wild beasts.

That only works for bees because there are THOUSANDS of them in a hive

We dont know how those creatures live, maybe they also live in swarms.

That sounds ā€¦fun

I see them as being born out of the ground,in a hot lava like world.

1 Like