Art: New HUD / in-game GUI visuals

Wow,a lot to take in. I like and dislike the GUI,well I mean,let’s get in to it.
Like:
-You can change the GUI tint
-That the slots become clear
-You can see witch iteam is in witch hand
-The glyphs
Dislike:
-That the slots become clear
-The look of the GUI is not my fav. but that’s not something I’m asking to change

2 Likes

Now that you mention it, disappearing item slots would indeed be quite impractical.

Not impractical,just odd,I want to see what I have at all times. Plus the hot bar is so small it’s not really needed.

1 Like

Really??? XDDDDDD

Sorry but i thinked the joke was that XD

1 Like

I agree :thumbsup: there’s definitely a balance to strike. This is one of those images to show it all at once for development purposes more than anything else.

Allow it as options? so you can toggle on off what you want to see? so the ones who want it immersive can toggle all or most off, and those who just want information can toggle all or most on.

2 Likes

I really like that idea,because I want to see my hot bar,and my map and stuff.

I like the color scheme! Kinda retro/pastel and I’m digging it!

Love the minimalist touch! (big fan of contextually keyed UI elements in games)

Bunch of misc thoughts:

• Have you considered the flight/space sim style radar where each player’s glyph would clamp to the edge of the screen, and maybe change size based on distance? I’m Wondering if it might be easier to parse than the radar bar. It might also be terrible, especially for ultra-wide displays.

• The contextual actions on other players are slick; at least as presented here! going to be interesting to see how it plays out

• Uneven shapes are also awesome :slight_smile:

• IMO don’t bother showing health until you’ve actually taken some damage.

• Consider putting the health bar top center. It’s a pretty important UI element, and benefits from being near the player’s focus area (esp for players with wide monitors). Alternatively, subtly doing the damage vignette thing might be helpful as an addition

• tech Q: Given the webish nature of the engine, is the UI rendered via web tech (i.e. DOM based)?

1 Like