Art: Sketches for a new Hero Image

Or, a place to adventure for gold, glory and progression to the next tier. Based on the fact that these are “Hero Posters” and all feature roughly the same thing, it’s fair to say we are looking at either end game content or late “loop” content that must be conquered for progression. Perhaps these biome pictured are the “titan biomes” that have been hinted at, and venturing here requires a sizable party? Starting to get deep into speculation here.

1 Like

4 Likes

So it seems we’ve been speculating a lot that Titans are kind of largeish creatures that we have to tackle head on like any raid boss in popular MMOs. But what if they’re sort of massive organic structures, moving or in otherwise difficult to reach places, with plenty of enemies around to prevent you from getting to them? And then there are puzzles or challenges or whatnot that have to be handled in order to “defeat” them? Also getting deep into speculation here.

4 Likes

I love 9 the most it really includes alot of awesome Oortness :purple_heart: and I like 12 also has lots of feeling in it :slight_smile:

You mean Titans can be flying Spaghetti Monsters?! … falling on the knees and starts to pray to it :bow: :pray:

8 Likes

Most of these look like the sort of art that would satisfy someone who thinks a selfie is a good photograph. Only #11 seems to convey the excitement and energy of exploration of the unknown and the dynamic possibilities of taking what you discover and making it your own.

Of course, the colours are influencing the observers. A fair comparison would limit all the colour palettes to be consistent.

2 Likes

I can see 10 looking like mog chothra ._.

2 Likes

Can you share any other juicy nuggets of art with us? I crave more!

2 Likes

I can notice alot of mushroom and various types of vegetation, 12 hints at a industrial worlds with its rustic straight lines.

So when are going to be able to conquer the structures that have plagued oort that house the titans, before they are released or after, also will building be the only way to ascend to these structures?

Get the maids!

Hmmmmm…

5 Likes

Answers like this have me struggling to resist the urge to fly out to guilford and peek in your windows to see what you guys are up to. Aaagh!

2 Likes

(I hope at least someone gets the reference)

4 Likes

Are those floating islands or cities in the background?

2 Likes

I would recommend number 9 and here is why:

-It includes a portal which seems to be a central part of the game
-It is very colorful which captures the wonder and happiness of the game
-The background is a little dark which shows that while the game is happy and jovial, it can still appeal to mature players
-It makes the game look mysterious, which makes me want to know more

1 Like

8, the others lack vibrant color

The huge gray shadow in the background of 12 might very well be a titan.

My suggestion would be number 1 since i love the very bright green color scheme, however on the right side of the explorers there should be a portal which shows a snowy landscape, maybe even letting a bit of snow go in, for me it would do greatly in sending the two messages 1) there are multiple worlds, 2) the worlds are highly different.

i think number 7 would be great if you decide to go more towards a sort of industrial/steampunk feel, but it would prob be too dark compared to the image atleast i have in my head of what oort is going to look like.

It’s probably best to look at the over all composition of the sketch, rather than the use of colors. The artist can remake any of these pics with brighter colors truer to the game play. If it helps, try viewing all of the pieces in grey scale.

All are beautiful compositions, but 5 makes me think “I want to explore that world” the most.

1 Like

1, 3, 4. They are defs my favourites, really beautiful. Also just gives a feeling of awe and adventure, like you look at it and think: “Man, I really wanna go there”. :grin:

2 Likes