Art: Table and chairs concept

We’re posting these concept images up on the forums mostly to see what people’s opinions are on the designs and to see if there is a particular favorite one with the community. As this game is, after all, for you guys. Of course we could just make a decision for ourselves, but we’re not the ones we’re trying to please at the end of the day!

4 Likes

A rig is essentially a skeleton system for creating movable characters, much like the bones and joints in your body. These can then be used to create animations that conform to the limitations of that skeleton (and deform the main mesh with whatever muscle groups have been entwined with it).

I think the block system in use in B< is exactly that - a block. This then has to be altered manually by adding vertices to the block to allow the cube shape to take on a different form, i.e. changed into a table shape (whilst still conforming to the 1m x 1m grid). After that you then have to unwrap all the vertices from the newly created shape, so that a texture (plus any bump maps, shaders etc.) can be created for it and then rewrapped around the shape to create your prop.

You could potentially reuse the mesh for similar props and then deform it further to fit your requirements, but the whole process can still be quite lengthy really.

3 Likes

Mesh! That’s what I meant instead of rig. Silly Clex.

Thanks for replies, dev team. I’ve trusted you all so far and will no doubt continue to trust you. Just gotta adapt to this new vision for now! :sunglasses:

We also should not forget that B< has the feature to add the color of the mat you use also for your crafted product, so even if we would “only” have three different chairs later, they will come in circa 15 versions each :wink: … And what if the mat for the textile parts will also transfer its color? … Wooohooo! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

This is part of what I was talking about with variants. I don’t think mat color variants are confirmed. Can you (or anyone else) provide a link if they have been?

true I did not think abou that
thanks for your relpy

number 16 look really good look also like one of the surch stuff when the bible is but wonderfull chair