Asphalt or Concrete

As I sit here being part of the Epsilo Chain Gang and mining out tons of gravel I spend my hours contemplating new ways of alchemy to take all this gravel and by adding a bit of sap, bone, stone, and just a smidge of sand and turn it into a nice concrete mixture or something a bit different than brick… maybe that wonderful mixture we see in ancient Greece…

Just a thought since gravel has such more aspirations for itself than just a simple path…

13 Likes

gravel is nice fr fountain bottoms to :grin:

1 Like

lol… almost 2 years to the date and we get concrete!!! woohooo

8 Likes

Never give up hope!!

14 Likes

I’m still holding out for the mo’pig…

1 Like

Private planets and platform character transfer incoming!!! \o/

:slight_smile:

Considering that asphalt and concrete are two extremely different things, it should be explored to get some sort of asphalt block of some kind. What do you say to this @james?

1 Like

It’d be nice to get some use out of petrolim blocks… something to justify the hype
Edit: use, as in asphalt ingredient… sorry. That wasn’t clear.

1 Like

I am going to say I disagree in using such an extremely rare EXO resource for a building material like asphalt.

Considering that asphalt is made out of tar, rock, gravel, etc. and other common building materials, it doesn’t really make sense from a game balance perceptive to make a common real world material be super expensive in a video game. It shouldn’t be any more expensive to craft than concrete IMO.

1 Like

It just doesn’t seem that rare :woman_shrugging:. Or useful. Or at all deserving of some of the price tags I’ve seen for it, lol.

1 Like

It’s used in farming for crop and seed yields. It has value. Plus it’s the only liquid in the game that is black and can act like some sort of liquid sludge. Unlike water, it doesn’t change color when you move it to a different world.

1 Like

So it’s a material with very specialized and limited application, can be gathered without much difficulty in pretty large quantities, and can never be beaconed by people attempting to hoard it all…
I still think we should mix in some gravel and walk on it.

1 Like

I’ll just agree that we disagree on it.

1 Like

Want some petrolim?

Maybe some other time. You’ll have to catch me in the guild discord at some time when I am not so busy… lol

1 Like