Atmospheric Hazards - How Will They Work?

I’m sorry if this has been mentioned before and I couldn’t find it, but I was curious about how atmospheric hazards will work when implemented…

Specifically, I’m wondering if they’ll only harm players who are outside/on the surface world or if they’ll be pervasive everywhere you go on a hazardous planet. I know that environmental effects change when you’re a certain distance from an opening to the surface, so I’m assuming that the game is able to make this distinction…

Anybody know? Devs?

1 Like

Good questions … I hope that the effects can be blocked by beeing underground or in a hut, but also that those harming effects will only happen when the weather gets bad, so not all the time. … would be also interesting when there would be to hot sunlight which burns you slowly ^^

Well, the atmosphere is always around you, as opposed to weather, so I would guess that you will always feel the effect. There was talk of having a way to protect people within a large settlement though I believe.

And I’m not trying to weigh in on how it should work, so much as wanting to know the definitive plan for implementation right now.

The reason I’m curious is because it dawned on me that there might be a demographic shift in the making… I wouldn’t expect the average player to buy a new perk just to visit MY shop, so my guess is that most–if not all–major commercial stops would move to starter worlds if the atmosphere/weather/whatever was unavoidable under any and all circumstances. Nobody would want accessibility issues to get in the way of their business.

20c for a lump of coal? OK, maybe…

15c for a lump of coal but your face melts off while you’re waiting in line at the cash register?..

Uhhhh…

Yeah, this is where some kind of beacon protection feature would come in I guess.

I’ll just be offering face melting repellent at my store… right beside the pitchforks, mud bricks, and titan poop.

5 Likes

oh hay can I get two yards of titan poop for my garden? :rofl:

I’ve been hunting high and low for unicorn :poop: if you have any :rofl: … I’ve already closed my little shop on munteenew and moved all the stock back to Therka …trying to plan ahead as I figured the atmospheres will eventually make a lot of the planets a no go area for shoppers in particular.

1 Like