Auto-Door Spanner not working within beacons of other characters (despite full permissions)

What it says on the tin.

I finally forged my very first auto-door spanner and full of anticipation I wanted to try it out and it didn’t work…
It took me some time to realize that i was actually in an alt characters beacon (with full permissions). I switched characters to that alt and tried the spanner again and it worked.

So my guess would be that the auto-door spanner is not using the beacon permisson system correctly?

Edit:
All doors I tired had door locks.

I’d suggest trying to go back on the other character and use it again. I’ve uses them on alt beacons and friends beacons that I have had full perms on.

Interesting

I’ve tried it across 2 planets, 4 characters and 8 different beacons, but it was always the same.

I’m using an iron spanner. Could that be the difference?

Was it doors with locks? Same issue happened to me but only doors with advanced locks

2 Likes

YES!

They all had locks. But only simple door locks.

I encountered the same issue with doors locked with simple locks. Could be the key to the problem.

1 Like

I encountered this the other day. Just remove the locks, apply the auto function and then put the locks back. Everything works out just fine. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s really strange. There’s gotta be a bug with the spanners then. I use silver spanners and it works on doors with locks and beacons not owned by my main.

I tried to use an auto-door spanner, but it didn’t seem to work correctly. (door would not close right or would open on it’s own every few seconds, even when I went away from the door)
Will try to use one again just to be sure that I’m doing it right.

Just a reminder, it will set the door to whatever position you have it in when you use the spanner. If it is in the open position it will auto open.

2 Likes

Yea it’s more of an auto return to position. Not per say auto close.

1 Like

I figured it just does not work on doors with normal locks and foreign beacon.
On doors with Advanced Locks it works fine.

Funny thing! Earlier today I wanted to auto-close the doors to my two guild buff machine rooms. Two doors, plots owned by an alt and a separate (Steam) account, all me. They have an advanced lock on there. I could use the spanner on the doors from the Steam account, couldn’t use them on the doors owned by an alt!

So to clarify, you were checking this with beacon-only permissions (as opposed to permissions on a guild)?

The beacons are guild aligned but not controlled. Permissions are given on a per character level and the characters in question have all 3.

The doors are also locked by door locks. After the discussion in this thread, I think that might cause the problem.

I looked at it in game, and it seems that the Auto-Door Spanner will only work if you have the Guild Executive or Guild Director permission, which is clearly a bug, so I’ve added this to the bug database.

1 Like