Auto trigger issue

I vaguely recall the other day, I was looking in my inventory, I dont remmeber how I clicked, but I wanted to see which tool was a titanium square chizel, and hit esc with the visual of the tool looking like it was picked up (as in, it had a shadow behind itā€™s box in my inventory, as if I was in the middle of moving it from one slot to another, but I hadnt moved it, I had accidentally did the pre-move action, and since I didnt want to move it, and was acting on muscle memory, I left it floating and hit esc). The tool was in my left hand, and after I was out of the menu that left hand went around and tinked a few blocks. I had to repair those blunders.

I dont carry most tools in my left hand, and have my right hand marked as primary and rotation only for my main hand, all because of this bug.

I use those everyday, for years. Muscle memory, originated in other games.

I have this issue for few times as well when using the storage or open/close the inventory for too fast (maybe with some lag as well since I connect from far). Somehow coincidentally I did figured out how to repeat this auto-trigger bug without fail (which I assume it is still working) and only tested on PC. Did report by sending message to one of the developers through forum here about it.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been dealing with this bug often, I always am full screen mode. Its when I come out of a UI, inventory, or container that it triggers for me.

I smashed through a chiselled wall the other day with a 3x3 hammer after exiting my inventory. Last week every day the bug hit me at least once. My storage room looks like a patchwork quilt now, because I couldnā€™t find and didnā€™t re-chisel all the blocks I broke.

I have a high end pc drivers updated regularly this does happen mostly as u described itā€™s not the pc per say but the command thinking ur clicking as u close th he inventory or even holding the wrong button as u end a portal. Iā€™ve tryed to have this bug happen then get a log for the error. But its random. I hope the devs can figure it out.

Why not report it here? Itā€™s not like it can be abused for an ingame advantage (I think).

I no longer get this issue so Iā€™m guessing a driver fix resolved.
I use a cloud pc system called shadow.
I only get the occasional issue when using my Xbox controller likely due to input delay or maybe just a sticky trigger.

Do you mean report in the ā€œsupportā€ with how to repeat the bug? I refrained to do so as it could be labelled as exploit (I think) and I do not want to be in trouble.
Edit: Unless dev reply here that they have no problem with players using such bug, I will share how to repeat it with others then.

Fair enough. I thought it might help us to know how it happens, maybe we can work around it. But if you think it could be considered an exploit you better keep it to yourself.

I got this issue again one or two days ago. I was mining thorns on the newest exo, went into my inventory, and when I came out of the inventory I had the auto-trigger issue.

Got this one time on PS 4 during a connection drop.

Who did you report this to?

reported to vdragon

I get this on both PCā€™s I play on so I guess it could be my style. Itā€™s always on exiting a machine or inventory. Iā€™ve seen it in some cases if I have an empty left hand wait on me switching to something in that hand.

It does seem like thereā€™s something up with the keybindings/code/actions. (Maybe you guys are just button-clicking-speed-demons lol)

I have 2 desktops & a laptopā€¦all with different GPUs and CPUs. Never had this issue.

Only common denominator seems to be that I donā€™t use the button combos that are causing this issue. I hit the B button on my xbox controller to exit out of most menus. I donā€™t use Tab or shift+click. I manually click the rest with my Kb + M (esc, win, f11, f10, etc).

If there is a delay or sensitivity setting, maybe that could be changed? Or something needs to be calibrated?

Do you guys usually have a lot of inventory on you or smart stacks when the problem happens?

1 Like

I tend to have a lot of stuff on my characters at any given time but I hadnā€™t really considered this before.

I still havenā€™t found a way to consistently reproduce this issue. But it always seem to come after me exiting an inventory or storage block. It also seems to happen when Iā€™m moving around quickly and quickly swapping things around in my inventory. Perhaps there is a spurt of lag in between quick inputs somehow that confuses it and begins the auto-trigger?

To answer @majorvex question, my DPI is 800 with 1000hz polling rate, but I doubt changing those will do anything. My inventory is usually around half full. Usually the only time I have full inventory is on a hunt, and I donā€™t get the auto-trigger bug then.

Here are some example cases which I have captured with geforce experiences instant replay feature from past 6 months. There is after 3:55 case where this happens after quickly having debug bar on.

2 Likes

How are you exiting out of the menu each time? (your method)

Oh yeah isnā€™t it great when you donā€™t even realize itā€™s happening then you equip a tool and itā€™s already on auto :smirk:

EDIT just finished the whole video almund Iā€™m so glad you have that.

1 Like

Esc or E

Some of these cases I kind of knew it was going to happen, when bar is following cursor, but had to equip and keep hitting air that I know later that it was happening out of nowhere. Still few times in video are surprise like when floor gets smashed and I fall down :smiley: