Automatic stone harvest farm? (yes or no?) (undone yet!)

i had an idea. using @Ovis’ automatic stone generator.

AN AUTOMATIC STONE FARM!

The farm buys stone and sells spanners. spanners to repair the coils destroying the blocks and you get money!

Do you like it?

• yes
  • no

0 voters

1 Like

I don’t understand. What’s an automatic stone generator?

1 Like

this

1 Like

Warning: Opinions inside:
I feel like that would border on exploiting. Anything where you essentially have to put in no effort (repairing every now and then really doesn’t count as effort), should not result in essentially free resources.

2 Likes

Exactly why i asked.

1 Like

are you trying to figure out if that clip is an exploit?
i mean i dont think this can be seen as exploit since you would be just wasting spanners.
i dont think the coin made of that gets you back the spanner… :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Repairing and using tools makes it manual and still cost the player, it is not free. Not against any rules. If they do not want it they will remove the damage from coils to blocks.

This is why i disclaimed it with “opinions inside” :stuck_out_tongue:
It FEELS like an exploit to me. To me an exploit is making use of game mechanics for non-intended uses. It’s not so much about it being profitable or not.

2 Likes

That stone generator is really clever. I can see how it might be considered an exploit though since it is obviously taking advantage of an unintended effect of existing mechanics but the gain from it seems minimal at best. And I just can’t seem to condemn something with that kind of ingenuity. :grin:

3 Likes

:blue_heart: that is understandable, i was stating more on the “it still cost time and tools even if in a non conventional way. not free so not cheating” aspect.
As for game mechanics as intended, they kind of let us create the universe and whats possible thru player made ideas, games, events and freedom, which are used in non-intended ways that have pulled the community together in ways the devs sometimes never imagined and love.
Examples, bombs wars, platform hunts, reapers challenge, (this is a non-pvp game and @georgegroeg has the most kills in the game with thousands dead by his hands.) This is a non-conventional game, we make what is possible unless the devs say no.

4 Likes

I created one for the fun, and you have to be constantly repairing, it’s really a cool idea but you can farm more stone with a hammer and in the long run it’s not that boring.

4 Likes

Sounds fine to me!

1 Like

Probably best to get this out of the way first :slight_smile: Just because it’s an exploit, doesn’t means it’s always bad. I love seeing what @Ovis creativity allows him to do. Some of the stuff he’s make would probably be classed as an exploit, if used on a bigger scale. Doesn’t make it any less cool.

All of these are examples of using an intended use. Bombs are intended to destroy blocks. Making bomb wars with them is only using the intended use to do something special.
Region centers are supposed to trigger meteors, it’s the way of hunting. Building a platform is only using that intended use of building to make hunting slightly easier. Reapers challenge is literally just building, seems pretty intended to me :stuck_out_tongue:

Mind you, this is my definition of an exploit. As i believe the official dev definition of an exploit it somewhere along the lines of “it’s an exploit if we deem it one”. There’s no knowing what definition or criteria they use for this.

The stone harvest experiment is pretty cool. But doing it as a farm, on a larger scale is a very different thing. Surely we can agree that this is a way more unintended use of game mechanics, than any of the other examples mentioned? Sure coils are supposed to break the block between them and the machine, but that use was not designed to farm blocks. The intended use here is completely different from the other examples.

(again, all my own opinion on what’s an exploit and what’s not)

2 Likes

I think you’re both right.

Bomb wars and platform hunting are LEGITIMATE activities, as was bomb mining when it was viable and as was using price harvester and price scanner for BUTT 1.0.

Legitimate meaning the devs don’t think they’re bannable offenses.

They’re also exploits, in the sense that they are unintended activities using the base code in ways that the devs didn’t intend. Different from severe exploits, like code injection to change your coin amount, or DDOSing people you don’t like by IP scanning, or something else “nefarious”

I’ll save @AeneaGames the time needed to post and point out that she’s also right.

1 Like

My Automatic stone Generator:
1.dig Into the ground
2. Tape the Attack button and the Go forward button at your controller
3. Stay afk and look every some minutes if u did hit some Lava or got Stuck in a cave

Very practical in home Office times -

Rubber bands and Velcro cord wraps work better and don’t leave sticky residue on your controller :blush: @Kluresa

Also if you stick your controller between the couch cushions juuuuuuust right that can work

Talking to an Expert here, I See xD

1 Like

In my defence. Those people had it coming! Lol.

2 Likes

tenor%20(2)

I’m sorry I couldn’t help myself!!!

1 Like

It’s too bad that automation is seen as a bad thing for tasks in game. That is one thing I miss about minecraft.

3 Likes