⁉ Automatic Stone Generator/Breaker (no mining required)

Sup sup sup, hope you’re all well :wave:

I have been playing around with the stone generating mechanics of lava + water and also the block destroying mechanics of power coils. I was able to come up with a pretty cool design for something I’m calling the “Mass Stone Generator”

I made a video going into the details of it, hope you enjoy :slight_smile:

If you wanna subscribe to my YouTube channel, that would be pretty cool :smile:

Mantle Breaking post: (with another video)

Edit: You can break storage blocks full with items (recent change made it so you can’t break storage blocks with things in) but with the coil breaker, it is possible.

47 Likes

absolutely brilliant !

3 Likes

This sounds quite interesting. Clever work!

2 Likes

Im curious how efficient it is compared to normal mining, regardless this is brilliant.

I wonder if theres anything else that can be automated with the use of coil breakers

Could just hold the button down and come back to an inventory full of rock ahah.

2 Likes

That is the coolest thing since the last cool thing you made. Amazing.

9 Likes

That’s perfect! It looks like it requires quite a bit of spannering to keep running, have you done any efficiency calculations, how many rocks per spanner hit?

3 Likes

Thanks guys! @Krisys @Goblinounours @Coolpants @Vansten :slight_smile:

I have a video incoming about something else to do with the coil breakers, just keep your eyes peeled :eyes:
@Mayumichi Thanks! I haven’t done any efficiency calculations apart from the amount of blocks per coil and per break. Please feel free to calculate the spanner efficiency :smiley:

4 Likes

I was thinking of doing something like that. Does the liquid block ever need replaced?

2 Likes

Nope, the only thing you need to do is repair the mahines/coils (made possible with the not-so-recent 1 spanner = repairing all the machine + coils update)

2 Likes

This looks very interesting :thinking: I might just have to have a look at this what a great idea

1 Like

You CAN use the coil breaking method to break mantle, this was first discovered by @Sparklepuss back in November 2018 (link to their post): You can break Mantle :-p

However, I made a video (just now) about it before I found the forum post - so credit for discovering this goes to @Sparklepuss (just wanna make that clear!)

My video:

5 Likes

Oh hey, it’s the patented Havok & Co. Auto-breaker! Patent lawsuit incoming!! :wink:
I’m teasing ya, but I discovered a similar design back when coils were in testing… you have me to blame for coils taking wear damage when breaking stone! :joy:

Keep up the great mechanic exploration, I love watching your creation videos!

Edit: I haven’t even considered how much the efficiency is improved by mass repair… it used to be a nightmare to repair more than a few coils at a time. Your design is exponentially more efficient than my own!

7 Likes

sadly it works only at perma worlds, exo igne still need to be farm manually :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Hahah it’s your fault we have to repair!! :smiley:

Well the Mass Stone Generator is a fully patented design by ‘minMAX Labs’ and if you wanna take this to court I shall deliver an impenetrable case good sir!

Haha thanks man, yeh the mass repair is what makes this actually viable :+1:

4 Likes

I’d take it to court, but lawyer fees, court dates, etc… so exhausting. We can settle out of court for 1million coin and call it good!

3 Likes

Of course, I will happily take 1 million coin from you :eyes:

2 Likes

No way! I’ve got a family to feed, and I still have to pay @willcrutchley pain and suffering payments for the numerous times he died while testing the machine…

5 Likes

Hmm lets meet in the middle and call it evens?

2 Likes

You’ve got yourself a deal! Wait- shoot! Ah well, it’s for the betterment of society I guess. I just dont want to get “Nikola Tesla’d” by Ovis-Thomas Edison…

4 Likes

I’m in the ‘inventing game’ for two things. The coin and the female rock goblins. Take your utopian society and beat it! :sunglasses:

6 Likes