Awesome Idea for Meteors and Exploration

If this isn’t included in your idea, meteor should probably just spawn at that location if you’re holding the map or you do some sort of ritual while there (but the presence map is a must to spawn the meteor) so that other people wouldn’t just accidentally spawn a meteor and meteor maps is a valuable commodity.

yes the map would be the meteor trigger…

The main reason they got nerfed is to accommodate for the 8 tiers of worlds, isn’t it?

3 Likes

Even if thats the case whats the point of even having meteors on the lower level worlds… There not worth waisting your slingbow durability…

1 Like

They would be a way for people to get oortstone when they can’t handle higher worlds, or there are no portals accessible.
And lower level hunters would use them

4 Likes

Hmm am I remembering things wrong? Meteors on starter worlds was removed right? And if I’m not mistaken, it was due to the fact that some people complained about it being a bothersome mechanic on starting players.

1 Like

We mean lvls 2 and 3. Although, meteors on tier 2 planets should also be removed because they are considered starter worlds too.
Meteors on tier 3 worlds are going to be easy because they are the tier up from starter worlds.

1 Like

There will be 8 levels of worlds starter worlds are lvl 1 and wont have meteors but

LvL 2, 3, 4, 5 are arguably not worth the durability based on what we are seeing now…

6, 7, and 8’s will likely be what we were use to I hope???

However I do think my idea is just an inherently better way to handle meteors to be honest…

Okay thanks for the clarifications. Clearly my recent abstinence from the forum is showing up :smile:

Yeah I also like that idea given that exploration doesn’t really have much content at the moment.

since the game asks you now what kind of world you want to start on, giving you an option of a world with aggressive creatures, it might be that lvl 2 worlds are optional starting worlds;
of course it might be that there will be 2 starting worlds lvl 1 per region, one with wildstock only and the other with spitters;

worth asking, @james?

P.S. I agree there are too many of them falling down; better buff the reward per meteor but make them way rarer - this way they will feel more unique and rewarding; hunting could turn to normal region exploring and engaging normally spawning creatures. like it used to be before (I liked those hunts a lot), and meteors would be the icing on the hunting cake. I mean something like 3 hours group hunt where 3 to 5 meteors happen.

I don’t love the maps idea for meteorites, I kinda prefer what we have now. Or, before now, assumedly what we will have again.

Id like if what we had (and loved) is essentially t5/6 in the future and t7/8 is where it gets crazy messy and it requires groups to even bring down one Behemoth Wildstock or Spitter :slight_smile: they could have custom names at that level for the new highest difficulty of enemy…

Behemoth Wildstock, Chaotic Cuttletrunk, Diabolical Spitter, Hazardous Hopper… just a few randon ideas, to add intrigue to the game

But I like the map idea - maybe repurposing that into a new loot drop from uber meteorites (t8) that open a 2 hour portal to a boss/titan raid world for your group? A semi-random world with bosses and challenges and loot aplenty, but only for a short duration does the door stand open, and when it shuts then the world becomes unstable and throws everyone back to the sanctum after 15 minutes or something along those lines

Meteorites haven’t been nerfed. Their rewards are currently broken and will be fixed shortly.

8 Likes

We are releasing a patch today to reduce the number of crashes players are experiencing. There are quite a few at the moment. We will also be regenerating all resources so hopefully the balanced gets fixed or at least becomes better. These fixes are relatively safe.

We want to fix the meteorite drops but to avoid releasing something that could be broken we will release that separately, hopefully this time tomorrow. The issue with the meteorites is that there are some bigger changes coming to them which could potentially be dangerous. The changes will introduce more variation in meteorite waves. The types of drops you get will also change. In general there will be a larger number items you can get from meteorite but some will be quite rare. The balance on meteorite difficulty will most definitely be off. I suspect meteorites will be slightly more difficult at higher levels but quite a bit more difficult at lower, probably too difficult. Let us know what you think when they hit live.

9 Likes

So are you saying once you have uncovered an entire planet or XXX ammount of regions on said planet, the (secret) location of where they spawn will be shown on the map or that once you buy/uncover the specific Meteor map you will be whisked away to a special instance?

My personal opinion says that if its the first one then how would this be done?

Would this be on testing? or main game?

We are trying to get this out to all our universes today.

5 Likes

No I am saying when you finish a planetary atlas that a person should get a Map as a reward… A map would simply be coords of a location, go there with map and meteor spawns… Then do meteor as normal… nothing instanced at all… The Map is just a 1 time trigger of a meteor… when the Meteor drops the map vanishes…

1 Like

I think its a decent idea, but it might be better for it to be used for something along the lines of special limited timed worlds in the future. Like a hunting/gathering world that pops up that only lasts for a week or so that can’t be built on. Maybe make it required to summon a boss meteor for that world or something.

Requiring maps for all meteors would just slow down the amount of pew-pew hunters can get. Sure they can get in the way of a solo players gathering, but they are really the only thing that hunters currently have. I’ve also met a lot of people while saving them from/helping them with meteors near my builds, so it does help create community interaction.

1 Like

I guess this didn’t come out on schedule, or at least I didn’t hear about it? Do we have any updates on this?

We managed to get testing up. We did run into extra issues. I think live will be updated tomorrow.

2 Likes

thx for the update!