[Baruum] --[Blink Tier 7 Exoworld]-- [Inactive]

One thing I like about the Blink exos is that you can find the regular gems in some of the same places - last two pics, these were right by each other. :smiley:

Edit: Deleted my other post after this one, if anybody saw that - I went back and confirmed from another video the blink has always blinked… never noticed it before, guess I destroyed it too quickly :flushed:

And yeah, I died right after pic three. :flushed:

8 Likes

Damn will be all mined out by time I finish work. :sob::sob:

I honestly doubt it lol. There is usually a good amount left even towards the end of the Lucent planets. Just have to contend with the planet being swiss cheese hahahah

3 Likes

So much more deadly than even the most dangerous landscapes :laughing: i fell down so many player dug pits mining Umbris on the last exo
But yeah even days after spawn there tends to be hot spots left, just takes a little longer

4 Likes

Nah, like @blinvir said, some areas will be Swiss cheese, but this one has a lot of hotspots, should be some good areas left right to the end I think. :slight_smile: Even the last Umbris world, which had smaller hotspots, had good areas left on the last day. I prefer to mine around alt 16 (lava surface level often I’ve found) but I get into a torn up area, I’ll go a little bit higher and low as the mantle, that is the range for it.

I’m so addicted to Boundless that even though Torchlight 2 comes out on console today - got my PS4 in rest mode waiting, I’ve waited a long time to play it - I’m thinking I’m still going to make another Blink run first. :wink: (And I’m still wondering how I never noticed the Blink flashing… sheesh I’m oblivious at times)

Anyways, these are great worlds to get rich off of - even without the Blink I get great hauls from the Blink worlds, tons of ore, fossils, and regular gems often. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Which planet is closest for me to warp from?

Shedu Tier - it will cost 3,400c. You’ll need that warp distance skill maxed. And for T7s like this the appropriate atmospheric protection.

Might be able to catch a “taxi” though, keep an eye out on here, sometimes people will offer free rides. :slight_smile:

For mining, the T7s are easy enough to survive on once underground, just watch the lava! :wink: I’ve told this story before but one time I stopped to mess with my music and someone barreling through dumped lava on my head, haha.

1 Like

Level 7! Wow hope I can survive for more than a few minutes :rofl::rofl: and that’s crazy, lava rain :joy:

1 Like

Since I don’t spec for defense (at least on my mining page, which I use there), I get killed by mobs just as quickly on a T5 as T7. :flushed: I do have max control and shadowstep, and they don’t seem to aggro too much easier on the T7s. When exploring the surface I just try to avoid mobs, except to take potshots at Roadrunners. :wink:

I find my deaths on exos more connected to the terrain type. The ones with lots of holes or ridges over lava, I’ll die a ton. Though sometimes I get unlucky and have a meteor hit close, and get repeatedly killed by mobs from it when I come back in and try to run away. But if there isn’t weird terrain, and I’m mining, I won’t die much if at all at those times.

Keep an eye out for the dormant meteorites, they’re well worth looting on them. Just got a piece of Umbris off one this morning.

Yeah I’ve got quite a bit of stuff from dormant meteors. Will I need a diamond hammer for T7? Terrain is a ballache, I died 3 times on the hunt due to falling down big holes. :rofl:

1 Like

It is better to have them, but I actually tested it a little on one of the Rift exos not too long back, and at least with my build, using Aenea’s 2399c titanium 3x3 hammers really wasn’t THAT much slower than a gem 3x3. It is noticeable but to me it didn’t seem really big. Less stamina usage too. So if wanting to go on a budget it is certainly an option - though, I’m not sure if, with the extra swinging needed, the cost difference in the hammers (assuming 9-10k for gem) might be offset there because of the durability difference and faster loss. Hmm. :thinking:

1 Like

Where is Aeneas shop? I do have 2 topaz hammers, treated myself with the money I made from selling my oort stones so may just use them.

1 Like

Nova Golda - although last check she was out of the titanium, you can always ask here, and she has budget gem 3x3s as well- :slight_smile:

Other good options for tools are The Golden Fist and the Reapers’ stores (a good one in Legendville Mall, sometimes buy there).

Also, I’m doing well right now - I’ll drop off a diamond 3x3 when I get home today on one of those tower plinths. :wink:

1 Like

That’s a good price for gem hammers. :grin: And that would be great, I’m doing another hunt today hopefully, that’s if anyone shows up cos last nights only 5 people turned up, so I’d be happy to give you some oort in trade. Oh just looked at the pics, that’s where I bought my other hammers.

2 Likes

That’s ok, just happy to help! :slight_smile: But thanks!!

1 Like

Whelp, I’m 15hrs too late for this party :stuck_out_tongue:

Then again, it mostly seems if you’re an hour late it’s already over :thinking:

1 Like

You’re only too late if you are looking for a lot easy petrolim. Should still be some in caves and there seemed to be an okay amount of blink on the planet with lots of hotspots.

2 Likes

Does anyone have cords for a good growth spot? I’ve only been able to find small groups of about 5 lol.

Went back again and still got plenty of blink!
I didn’t get more because I ran out of hammers you can see me in the last pic trying to get the last blink with my fist lol .

5 Likes

5 Likes