Be Able to Select Biomes you do NOT Want

So based on people’s discussions with their Sovereign worlds and whether or not they like what they got, it seems like even with the “Advanced” option of selecting our biomes and following the recommended numbers (~12 biomes for a 3km world including the minimal require per biome tier), we still get some randomness in the biomes.

Specifically, I have seen allot of people complain about the Regular Pools Biome (194 in the reference list below) and Pitfall Field Biome (91 in the reference list below)

Reference list of biomes: Update: Release Coming Next Week

If it is completely required to have some randomness is the world generation, please let us also select biomes we absolutely do not want. For me, getting Regular Pools or Pitfall Field is just a straight “need a new world” biome.

12 Likes

I wholeheartedly agree with this 1000%! We LOATHE (I cannot stress this enough) the Pitfall Field Biome and the Regular Pools Biome yet we have gotten them in ALL 4 planets we’ve created yet we have not selected them even once. We should not be forced to have biomes that make us miserable in our own worlds and we shouldn’t have to keep rolling worlds to try to get one that doesn’t have holes every few feet or either of those biomes for that matter since we do not want them. We spent a long time carefully selecting the ones we did want so getting junk over and over that is unusable for us is extremely stressful and disappointing, especially when it is easily avoidable. =(

6 Likes

Could’nt agree more, Its a “Trypophobic’s” nightmare that they would even have “Pitfull Field Biome” or the “Regular Holes Biome” let alone auto generation of such biomes without the option to avoid these selections. i mean the entitled snowflakes get preferential treatment for far far less serious issues, (i.e- don’t have and want it so demand of it “types”) just saying , Yeah i salty much :smile: but back at matter of hand i full support for the idea of absolutely do not want option for such/siad Biomes

2 Likes

As I said on discord, I believe there is a reason why some things are being added to our choices. Probably has something to do with bringing it more in-line with the perm planets, like not being able to just choose mountains so they add some opposite ones as well, ie. holes galore…

A nice explanation how the generation works, why it sometimes adds random biomes for instance, would be very nice, then we can prepare for it upfront.

I also would love it if there was an email being sent after we selected the biomes and such, and that it gives us a list of things we have selected. Perhaps even give us an option right in that email (just a link to the website) to still make a few changes when we notice we made a boo-boo.

And I mentioned that somewhere else too, I would love it, if we could see the list of biomes used for every single planet, even the permanent ones, in the game. So if we want to recreate a certain permanent one we can use the same biomes. Now we have to take a guess which ones we need…

2 Likes

I think it would be good to have some basic exclusion options on the form:
No snow
No rain
No holes
No ravines

Also maybe an option to sort biomes by whether they are relatively flat or not

3 Likes

Well, that is why I said just be able to select the ones you do not want. Limit how many too. So if there is a requirement of X number of Tier 7 biomes for a world, let us pick maybe 1 or 2 Tier 7 biomes we absolutely do not want. I would honestly just be happen will being able to permanently exclude Regular Pools Biome and Pitfall Field Biome. They should just not exist.

3 Likes