Beacon autofuel feature

Is Gleam Club beacon autofuel feature fair?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

If NO, would you prefer to:

• Move it to Exchange (available for cubits)
  • Remove it completely

0 voters

I think it’s fair in that it doesn’t confer any significant material advantage to the players that have it, it’s just a convenience thing. Beacon fuel is cheap and plentiful. Now if it auto fuelled portals , that would be an entirely different story.

The one aspect that does bother me is that it seems to undermine the goal of beacon fuel in the first place, which is to make sure that abandoned builds eventually get cleaned up.

2 Likes

Though tbf, if you’re paying for Gleam Club, you’d assume to be interested and constant, otherwise you’d cancel/not do it, then your stuff would vanish anyways.

2 Likes

Autofuel negates the whole purpose of fuel in the first place (cleaning up when players neglect or abandon plots) and eliminates the need to craft fuel and the resources that are used in making the fuel. If people don’t want to make fuel then they can always purchase fuel in the economy. Autofuel eliminates fuel from the economy and therefor weakens the economy.

One other problem… Gleam Club will confer benefits on an account since it is an account that gets the club. Therefor all of your beacons will be autofueled and you can have 100 different beacons on 40 different worlds that you don’t even remember most of and they all get autofueled. It encourages people leaving plots claimed long after they forget the plots even exist.

3 Likes

I was under the impression that it would be an autofueler, not an free ticket to an unlimited supply of fuel. It’s a fair feature if we still have to provide the fuel necessary and then let the autofueler do its thing. Otherwise, I don’t know. Less people are going to buy fuel and that’ll mess up the market, like @ElfMarine stated.

1 Like

But still…if you’re subbing to GC…you’ll be playing, if you’re not, you won’t be paying = beacons self destroy.

It’s not a problem, it’s not even a worry. Unless it’s someone with too much money constantly subbing and not playing.

EVEN THEN, it’s their problem, not anyone elses :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I don’t know, for many people $5 a month is so little that they’ll go for months without cancelling, “just in case” they regain interest. Or maybe they just forget to cancel, and the monthly CC payment gets lost in the shuffle.

1 Like