Beacon footfall: is it too low? poll

im making this poll cuase my 200plot claim in therkamarket is making olmost no footfall anymore and i visit it regular got required prestige
but i cant imagine what newer players get must be nothing
this poll is to make me see what others think

• footfall is good
  • to low
  • to high
  • perfect before update
  • needs rebalancing

0 voters

ive been seeing my weekly footfall colecting as a reward for my hard work
this bring back an old issue i had that social players lack reward for there help to the comunity

heres another example im putting all my time in omnimall project in aquatopia huge build but its owned by omni and my aquatopia is allready city status it needs 32mil to get to great city for some more coins doesnt seem to make want to reach that now

ow and a coment tells more then a vote so please share opinions

2 Likes

i belive that with the server testing centrraforge etc everything in the live server is a little slowed down (also in the great hunts there are fewer people… i would say: shouldn’t we wait for the test to be finished and the update to go live before making any statistics?

2 Likes

true but ive seen the game slow down many times before and it was never this bad :smile: and belief me i can wait :wink:
isnt it better if people just stayed around?
whats gonna keep em coming back on release?

i really belive this period of the year isn’t a good one to make decisions because:
-universities runs tests
-a lot of offices and companies prepare for the august stop (there is an increase of work load)
-nice temperature and weather, plus the 2 points above, make peoples wanna go out and relax with friends

and as said before a lot of people was waiting for the centraforge update and is testing/preparing for it, when it will go live they will come back to the real server (with all theyr knowledge)

this things makes me thinking they will come back

2 Likes

true im also victim off this nice weather :smile:

3 Likes

Oh the weather tho <3 still it’s too low atm

1 Like

I would be happiest if footfall were history. For economics games I play things like Capitalism Lab that are dedicated to economics and far better at it. Boundless is great for many things, but, an economics game is not one of them. The money from daily and weekly bonuses is more than enough money in the game to buy a few things too lazy to make or lack the time to make. So, none of the poll options fits my opinion. Too High is the best option since I would prefer zero.

1 Like

And I kindly disagree, I quite enjoy footfall and I think its a brilliant concept that awards people who build nice things… its just that a nice thing is subjective to a prestige calculation that can of course be min maxed…

There are many footfall issues…
for example
Character A has 5 plots in a town…

The city park 15K
The statue of coolness 40K
His fancy house 60K
His workshop 100K
His Shop - 500K prestige

Visitor arives in town via the city park go past the statue of coolness and walks thru his fancy house checks out his awesome workshop and stops in his amazing shop…

Footfall reward for this is 20 because its 1 time for the first build the character touches…

this is wrong…

It should either be an individual payoff 1 time for every beacon or all the beacons should be cumulative in the town and be considered one combined level of prestige for footfall…

^^^^ Thats just one of many footfall issues…

Footfall is an of itself is far too low…

And the prestige values needed to reach Town City Great City are far too high…

5 Likes

I’m for quests, more useful things to make or sell. I just can’t stand the game of get a plot in the right spot in a city because of who you know and become rich. Meanwhile folks that are not in the right spot or in the countryside don’t get money and are fine. It’s the ones getting the money already that constantly want footfall increased so they have even more. I simply do my best to ignore economics in the game. I have bought a few things with my bonuses, but, I care so little about it I didn’t even bother getting the 80,000 or so coins a character had before I deleted it so that I could see what it’s like for new people now.

1 Like

Anyone is capable of playing the game of getting a spot in the right spot…

Build a portal hub create a player shop, advertise your shop… Do the things it takes to make the location in the game attractive to tourists, too shoppers etc… Anyone can do it… Its not who you know its IF YOU HAVE THE AMBITION to do so…

the-Moebius has worked hard to create his locations but he is not the only person working hard, nor is he the only person who is getting footfall…

Skyworld is a great portal hub and shop, the gets alot of use, its not a huge plot, its nothing all that amazing to be honest he just took the time to create the portal hub and walked around and socialized and created his portal network. And now it gets used regularly…

Munteen Transfer station another great hub with nice shops these places are Not Pay to win… their relatively small compared to say aquatopia… But people used there head and they built it and they advertised it and they linked it…

And anyone can do that… The guy who starts the game today can make the next skyworld if he just does it…

I find your notion that you have to know someone to be bollix…

2 Likes

So build a shop, advertise it, keep it stocked at decent prices and you make money. That is life. If you can get a spot with high traffic to advertise and have your portal you will get more business just like in real life. However, in life you don’t get paid a dime for people passing by. You get paid for providing something of value. That pay needs to be enough to pay for the cost of where you place your advertising (portal or shop) as the rent, or land value plus taxes are a negative. The higher traffic place you have the higher costs are. In Boundless that gets inverted to where the higher value of the plot (amount of foot traffic due to location) the more money you make rather than the higher your cost is. Some people have said they make more money from their one or two plots in the square than they do in their 1000+ plots combined elsewhere. It’s not they suck building elsewhere. It’s location and they got that location by being friends with the right person.

i give people plots in high footfall places but they cant get it easy it involves thrust and proove off being decent player people can not just grab good footfall spots easy
but yeah it feels bad not getting more for my big plotted areas
i think my therka hub should do better cuase it has a 200plot road network attached to it if those plots dont make footfall whats the point off me keeping them beside being friendly to the users off those roads offcoarse

2 Likes

So your eluding to some sort of evil type system here…

Being Friends with and have a nice spot on a road with high traffic…

So here is the real problem! I will take City of Steam for an example…

City of Steam is the prefect tourist city! but the only portal you can find to it is lost in the black hole of Aqua Portals… I guarantee city of steam could increase its footfall traffic ten fold bye simple putting up some portals in some better spots…

But here is the kicker!!! Why!!! Why should city of Steam put up more portals for footfall?!?

City of steam isn’t filled with shop’s its footfall would be all tourism and RIGHTLY deserved tourism that build is Beautiful…

You know why city of steam likely doesn’t have more portals??? Because FOOTFALL ISN’T WORTH IT

900 Oort shards will keep a 1 blink sec portal up for 5Weeks and 3 Days 900 shards cost 10 per at my shop the cheepest place in the game for shards FYI …

So 9000 is the cost for another portal and the footfall it would attract in that time would equal maybe 5,000

Because Footfall is a stupidly small amount of income… I am sorry but this is wrong! Those tourists going to see one of the nicest places in the game should provide the city of steam with enough cash that it can come to my shop and buy the shards to fuel the extra portal’s so it gets the footfall…

You seem to think that footfall is a + income generator… that it makes people rich! That’s not the case footfall doesn’t even begin to cover the cost of the portals in most cases… I would love it if ViressSs would chime in on this and actually give us some solid numbers about the PS Vulpto hub… How much Oort costs vrs footfall over time so we could see first hand that… footfall doesn’t cover the market value cost of the shards…

Again I think your perception of footfall is skewed…

2 Likes

hey i tried to make it more obvious with my blackhole hub and im fueling that portal to steam myself cuase i like it :smile:
if city off steam manages a hub keeps an active discord and adds shops the footfall will be there to open lots off portals theres just not enough people to go around at moment i also know that steam was build with the intention to be hand over to people to become used with the old footfall it was pretty well balanced for me to maintain my portal links and mining hub for the town now its inpossible (if i had not colected loads off resources before)
with the curent footfall you need a to big amount off people to run a decent operation that involves some portal links and mining links

2 Likes

my situation is i make a massive city people have shops live and build there but i dont make enough to fuel some portals?

Okay I will come at this from one more perspective…

Again most of your argument against footfall is it makes old veterans rich because there in the right spots…

So now I ask you am I an old veteran???
Compare me to the-moebius and I am a noob in diapers…

Now compare Sparta to Bountiful Heights aka Gemporium
Gemporium is the capital with what 2.5K prestige
Sparta is #3 with 1.5K

Gemporium and Sparta sell nearly the same things and nearly the same prices…
We maintain portals to nearly all the same places…

Does sly have some loyal customers that avoid my shop sure…
But guess what, Sparta a Month and a Half old has its own customer base…

Why because I have worked hard at making sparta a place worth visiting and shopping at…
and now I get some footfall…

So yes your right US evil people that get footfall want more because we see first hand how little we get…
But your wrong in thinking that only the-mobeius and the old veterans get footfall because its impossible for a new player to compete… As I am a new player who is competing…

3 Likes

so you should get more footfall :smile: for ya eforts
glad im from europe

1 Like

Here is a way I wouldn’t mind footfall. Footfall doesn’t go by who passes through a beacon. It goes with who passes through the community. It is the community that makes the reason for someone to come to visit. Look at London. Do people go there because of millions that are there or because of 10 people? They go because of the millions there and a long history. So, the community as a whole is rewarded in real life. Make the footfall be for visiting the community and then 80% or so is divided on a per plot basis monthly by the members of the community and the rest goes to a community treasury that the ELECTED mayor or head of (not tied to so called “prestige”) can use to fund public works for the benefit of the community or to help out new people, starving artists, etc. If they don’t help the community they will be voted out of office. City people will still get more money than non-city people and everybody wins. Do it that way and I’m fine with any amount per visitor being awarded to the community. If people are “doing it for the community” then they should be fine with this. As is, someone not on my route to the square in the city will never get footfall from me or much of anyone. I couldn’t even tell you what most of the city looks like. I put in my coordinates and go or come the same route every time. There are some cities that are gorgeous. Those ones even without shops get folks like me wandering through looking as they are great tourist attractions. The plaza is just portals to elsewhere surrounded by who knows what.

3 Likes

This sounds great I have no arguments if footfall worked that way at all… But right now it works one way… and in the current system the amount you get in footfall is too low…

I am open to increasing the amount I am also open to changing how it works too…
But I am not open to footfall being removed from the game as I think its an amazing idea and system, its one of the reasons that I play…

4 Likes

I wish there was a “Meh” option for this poll. I don’t make very much because I’m far from anything and only have one portal connection, and I don’t know what everyone else makes but really don’t care.

1 Like