Beacon Permissions

@olliepurkiss Can you confirm this?

I just want to say that I wasn’t really intending to open this up a thing that needs an overhaul, just a slight tweak. I think Havok’s suggestion (and possibly even the way it is intended to work that just got lost in it’s translation from english to Marrash) seems pretty good, and covers all the basic needs for personal beacons.

I’ve posted on this in the other thread, before reading this.

I think it’s a neat solution to need both permissions, but it might not be crystal clear to people. I’ve proposed the addition of a third permissions type:

2 Likes

I agree that subdividing will be wanted within a big build (your middle suggestion). I’ve always thought that the way to do that though is to allow people to split new beacons off from an existing beacon, and then each beacon can have its own permissions. That seems to be the simplest way of doing it conceptually.

7 Likes

Colour coded beacon controls!? :smiley:

7 Likes

This class based permissions are the plan for 1.0 too? What about a checkbox-category system?

Like at the beacon control you have the permissions menu, where you can see the permission categories (like interactables), and within each category there are 3 checkboxes: ‘only me’, ‘add player/guild’ and ‘everybody’. The ‘only me’ is the default in each, and if you check the ‘add player/guild’ from the 3, there you can add players and guilds to access that category. ‘Everybody’ is obvious.
And the categories could be: (everybody can interact with non-locked doors and non-locked trading plinths, they are not on the list)

• Interact with locked doors
  • Interact with locked trading plinths
  • Access to non-locked trading plinths (so can put/withdraw items and coins, not just trade with it)
  • Access to locked trading plinths
  • Interact with non-locked machines
  • Interact with locked machines
  • Interact with non-locked storage
  • Interact with locked storage
  • Interact with portals (can fuel, close/open it)
  • Warp in/out (so can build warp inside the beacon)
  • Place/break non-interactive blocks and props
  • Place/break interactive blocks, props and locks
  • Interact with beacon control (who have permission in this, can access the permissions menu too)
4 Likes

I like the idea of a checkbox that allow anybody to fuel beacon and portals without getting access to anything else, and without have to be added to the beacon.

So like an ‘- Add fuel’ permission category not listed above? Which allows the checked persons to access the beacon and portals fuel tabs but they can only add fuel to it and cant withdraw? If it is possible it could be default, so we dont need the checkbox category for it, cause who dont want free fuel? :smiley: But if its not possible, with my categories only those could fuel a portal whose can defuel, and open/close, redestinate it, and only those could fuel the beacon whose can defuel it and have access to the permissions menu too. So if this is the case only trusted people can fuel portals/beacons, cause they could defuel it too.

I mean, if i see a nice builds or a portal that soon run out of fuel, i can fill it without to be added to any beacon, or even know who it belong to.

5 Likes

Sure thats why (only) adding fuel to beacons/portals should be open to everyone, if its possible (from developer side).

5 Likes