Beacon-plots placement

I have build a little house on a mountain, with a stair down under the house.
When i try to place a plot at the low entree, i got following message:

“Plot would not be joined vertically to another plot.”

Is this intended?
If so do i have to use my plots to fill useless empty spots…

You could make an extra beacon and place it where you desire the plot, though that would mean some creative tinkering to make it look ok where you place it. Also yeah diagonal joining would probably be smart.

It’s a limitation of the current implementation when the beacons were lifted from 2d plots to 3d plots.

I can’t tell you if it’s something that will change or not (not my area :slight_smile:)

2 Likes

I thought it was ok as long it was an expansion at existing plots.
Its ok to expand in other directions where there is no plot higher up, so i can always use a plot or two in side-way and move the entree. But that cost extra plots to…

Edit: I will try later with an extra beacon.

Ok, thx :slight_smile:

Tried with a extra beacon, but get same message.
Can place it 1 block away, but then it leaves the plot unprotected.

This sounds like a bug in the placement code. Will check.

I have the same problem with my beacon located at Nothwest of Lacuna Brau - Therka

If possible could a dev add the plots for me to complete my tower top platform, I need them on the side facing west.

Any help or advice welcome!

Thank you.

Qube

You have to own all the plots in between.
For example I can’t just maintain a road and an aquaduct 4 plots above. I must own all the plots in between them. If this is fixed I will have many more plots to spare.

Thanks for your help Jeff. Yes I do own all the plots, I placed the north, south and east plots with no problems, although I did have to be above and a distance away from my highest tower plots to be able to add on to the other adjacent plots.

1 Like

In the update they will make C and s beacons possible, where you don’t need to have contiguous beacon plots. It will be that as long as you have a touching side, it will work

2 Likes

Ok that sounds like just what I need! Thanks Xanotos!