Beacon Protection buffers in Release 227 Status

As you suggest, I would have the settlement with more players more likes and therefore more prestige, right?

That’s an old problem. The only thing new is that not only whales can do it.

If anything it makes the game less p2w.

If these players have characters involved in the development of the settlement on their account, no, they couldn’t like.
That would avoid exploits.

I am talking about individual players, I did not consider a player with several alts, since you said that those would not be allowed. there are people who vote for tastes, each one may like one building or another. If it were a system apart from the prestige it would be fine, to be able to label a building as a monument, tourist building, depending on the likes … if I see it. but not to associate it with the prestige system, in the end the city with more players would like its buildings to be capital. Not everyone would vote for beauty in this case.

Personally, I wouldn’t only vote for beauty.
I’d give a like if a build is useful, if I’ve felt welcomed, if the layout is good, etc…
It would be up to people to decide why they like something, and I’d find that far superior to the algorythm which will always be somehow exploited.

In any case, this is off-topic. Might become a separate suggestion thread later.

the damping, is to prevent someone from joining your settlement without permission and with it the possibility of changing the name of your settlement and guardian position, the prestige war as you call it, is currently active in the game and not I see the problem, it is one of the possibilities you have as a builder

Ah I see, I thought you meant instead of the buffer system. I’m surprised you haven’t seen posts on here from people getting very upset by someone building on their doorstep with gleam towers etc and then renaming the settlement. Some people have found it to be a problem that they have even gone as far as dismantling their whole town and relocating.

1 Like

Blueprints would help in giving players the chance to relocate

True … I’m still on the fence regarding them … I can see the advantage of being able to pack-up a build and relocate if you want to, there’s been many a time I’ve found some amazing places that I’ve wanted to relocate to, but as I’m really lucky to have great neighbour’s where I am if I move I could lose all that plus the other down side is you can log in a couple of days later and find your nice secluded spot you’ve spent ages looking for is suddenly surrounded by others who aren’t necessarily such nice neighbour’s who’ve done the same thing so in the end will they really help.

@james please don’t remove the buffer system completely!

This is a great feature for players who build away from others don’t want to have their build really close to someone else’s.

If the buffer is being abused by players to reserve massive areas a possible solution could be to only allow a buffer on a solid square or rectangle area of plots or something like that.

Yeah but none of what you said is directly tied to blueprints. It’s all about your neighbors.

1 Like

If you don’t think blueprints and neighbour’s have any connection then I guess you’re right. I just see them as a double edged sword. I saw this issue with buffer zones and malls/neighbour’s when it was first proposed back in January but it was what people wanted …

Buffer zone is working great for me and my builds. Our city isn’t designed in a way that is causing problems either.

Hope it all works out.

No but what I saw you writing is :

1. Blueprints would mean that you’d lose your nice neighbors.
  2. Blueprints would mean that where you re-locate, you might have bad neighbors appear out of nowhere the next day.

How are these issues a blueprint-related problem?
In the first case, well, if you have nice neighbors where you are, don’t relocate or convince them to move with you.
In the second case, that can already happen if you don’t use blueprints.

Good for you if you saw issues with the buffer zones long before anyone. I can’t say the same, I wasn’t as concerned as I should’ve been about them, mostly because I saw there was already a lot of discussions about them, and people raising concerns, which were in the end not taken properly into consideration.
In any case, that doesn’t mean you have a valid point concerning blueprints. ^^

1 Like

I didn’t come on here to get into an argument, I simply replied to someone as to why I personally was still on the fence about blueprints. I’ll leave you to it as I have better things to do :no_mouth:

1 Like

I like how you guys handle the issue recently, Its looks more professional now.
Good job :slight_smile

Perhaps we could consider this as well

main issues with this system - new builds cannot connect to existing road system becouse 2 plots wide areas are reserved… and its almost impossible to contact road owner - theres no mail boxes…

I have been trying to work on my shop lately, and at this time I still hope my neighbor log on to let me increase my shop in size … Plots are reserved behind my shop … It’s so far from them I really don’t understand that reserved thing …

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.