Beacon reclaim

Hi friends,

I’m a returning player and have a question regarding the beacon reclaim feature.

My old build would have vanished a long time ago.
Is there any way to reclaim those materials and tools lost with this feature?

I still have a saved gateway to my old location.
Just not sure how this feature works exactly.

Thanks!

2 Likes

If beacon reclaim was in place when it expired, place a new beacon and a reclaim tab will be there.

I think you may have to go into beacons and select which one of the saved beacons you wish to empty first too…but not 100%

1 Like

Yes, the master beacon will offer a list of reclaims and you can select one from the list. You can only have one active reclaim at a time, and it can only be reclaimed through the master beacon at one of your beacons. You can change which beacon is the master beacon which allows you to move the reclaim point around your base, a handy feature.

Oh great, I will try this when I get home. I certainly didn’t expect my stuff to be there so will be a nice surprise if it is!! Haha.

So basically if it’s not in that master reclaim list. I would assume my previous build likely disappeared before the reclaim update.

It really depends on how long ago the stuff was lost! If you lost your stuff back in 2019 or 2020 its permanently gone. I hope that’s not the case, though!

To be honest it was probably around that time frame I stopped playing. Haha. Either way great info to know. Thank you

1 Like

Yeah, make sure you don’t have another ancient reclaim active though. That one will supersede opening any new reclaim. Also make sure the master beacon is yours (not an alts) it must be a beacon owned by you, not just one that you have permissions to.

1 Like

Oh, if it was that long ago it could have been before the reclaim feature was added. Sorry. Do you need some help getting started?

That’s awfully kind of you. I’d take you up on the offer I’m just not really sure what I need at this point.

I will have a look tonight and see what might be helpful unless you have some ideas yourself.

I need to look up how to do portals and get access to a hub for farming other planets.

I’m in early stages of crafting gear so anything tool wise would certainly be an upgrade.

Thanks @Draconic

2 Likes

Welcome back @Rolco :sunglasses:
sorry to hear your stuff is all gone, but hey - new beginnings can have its own great taste;

don’t be shy to reach out to me for any kind of help

a question on a side: were you playing on AU worlds by any chance? boori, lasaina or lutrion?

2 Likes

Yep, I am on Lasaina and from Aus!

I used to have a build near wakenbake if you know him from back in the day.

6 Likes

Oh man, I miss wakenbake! We had project together going on Lutrion for quite a while.

Good to see some of the old AU crowd coming back :sunglasses:

1 Like

I can offer you some tools, a grapple, and a smart stack of gleambow totems.

1 Like

Of course it depends on how long it’s been since you last played. After my 1st hiatus I lost everything. The 2nd I was able to request via master beacon that all go into reclaim & so upon returning I got all but the build back. These days if a beacon expires inventory will auto reclaim. Wish I could tell you dates of the updates as the reclaim status changed. Maybe someone else can help with that.
I hope you are able to get all back!

Thanks for the info.

Yeah it does look like I quit before that update.
It’s fun starting again anyway. I have a lot to re learn haha.

At least the character progression saves. That goes a long way!

2 Likes

April 2020:

1 Like

btw, if it comes to old AU crowd, Vansten has come back recently as well

1 Like

Hi and welcome back! My advice on reclaiming everything (assuming you have multiple beacons) is to set down a new beacon and reclaim an expired beacon that has either storage chests or the coin to buy some with. Once you have storage chests set up go thru each of your reclaims and just unload and put everything into those chests. Then you can reclaim that beacon and everything will be in one beacon reclaim ready and organized for easier unpacking.

3 Likes