Beacon Suggestions

So, I noticed the Beacon system is pretty good, but could use improvement…I think all beacons owned by a player (on the same planet) should share a fuel timer, but perhaps it would drain fuel a bit faster (Maybe an option in the Beacon’s UI, and every added beacon makes the fuel drain faster. So, 2 Beacons drain 2x as fast, 3 3x as fast, etc.)

Also, the Plotting tools are kinda weird to sue…sometimes, it won’t let me remove a plot because “it would leave empty plots” or “you must remove all beacons in the area”, but if I try to move the beacons it says “you must remove all connected plots”. A fix for this would be nice to have as well.

Anyway, the main this would be Beacons having an option to share fuel between them, but the fuel would drain faster for every added beacon.

A guide to the unplotting tool is that you can never disconnect a plot from the beacon by removing plots that connect them. You have to remove plots from the outside inwards, or just make sure all plots will still be connected to the control.

1 Like

wise words willcrunchy :sunglasses:
indeed, @vizthex - you simply are not allowed to leave plots that are not connected to master beacon with other plots; as you place plots from beacon outwardly, so unplotting is best done like this but backwards

My view is that it should take some work - not much, but some - to maintain and keep separated plots/beacons alive. After all, this is a multiplayer game, and the space you take with beacons is space that nobody else then from then on affect. I think it’s important that it’s not possible for players to simply drop beacons all over the place and keep them fuelled at the touch of one button.

A beacon should be important to its owner; and if it’s no longer important, the act of fuelling it becomes a ‘can’t be bothered’ scenario, and then it can eventually revert to being available for somebody else to take.

3 Likes

Sometimes I am unable to locate the connecting plot easily in a busy area.

1. Being able to just bulk delete everything seems sensible.

2. Different looking beacons. Something I am going to see everywhere, could do with a few different design options.

3. 4x4 Plotting options etc for new locations. Likewise, 4x4 removal options as with point 1)

Pro tip: you can add a gleam block to a beacon control to change the color displayed for all of its plots. This makes it much easier to see a specific beacon’s plots in a busy area, and easier to track down loose ends when unplotting. It also makes it ease when plotting complex plots and keeping plots from merging with other beacons unexpectedly. Especially useful if you are town building and want to keep your street plots separate from other nearby plots that you also own.

3 Likes