Beacons and Gleam Club

@Steggs101 Right away I instantly joined Gleam club when WE started 1.0. I have a few beacons others are shared on. They keep reporting to me that the beacons are low, and only a couple days left on them, and they successfully refueled them and added fuel, from what they can see on their screen.

For me however they ALL are fueled for the duration of the club membership, like 23 weeks now, and none of them has yet to ever appear running low to me.

A couple of the beacons are High Priority beacons we could never afford to lose. How much should I trust the gleam club auto fuel , if I can’t even see what others are seeing? Is it just a glitch where they can’t see my perks? And what happens if they let it die, will it just look miraculously alive to them, or will it vanish?

2 Likes

It will corrects itself when it reaches 0 - still works, supposedly there’s a techinical reason a behind this, not sure what it is - but it does work.

The Mayor/Warden of a settlement is the only one getting the correct time on beacons with gleam club at this moment.

1 Like

I’m getting the correct times on the beacons. I am not the mayor. And I have the gleam club. I am getting reports from people who are not a gleam club member that my beacons are running out.

I had this too, when my beacon “ran out” according to my alts’ Locations tab earlier today, it then corrected to the proper Gleam Club amount of time (on all alts).

3 Likes

Sounds similar to this:

Also, thanks again to @philelliott for checking this.

1 Like

Came here to report that 6 month GC membership on one of my guild member’s beacon just ran out and partially regenerated.

The bigger question here is this:

Since beacons run out of fuel regardless of your Gleam membership when they’re actually fueled, how on earth do we make sure that you don’t immediately lose your beacon when your membership runs out?

Obviously putting fuel in is pointless, since it’ll just get used up anyway, regardless of your Gleam membership status, so how are we supposed to do this?

If you are a Gleam Club member then your beacons are protected for the duration.

When you look at the beacon then you’ll see the correct beacon expiration duration based on your Gleam Club membership.

However, when someone else looks at your beacon they don’t know the status of your Gleam Club membership and so the incorrect duration is presented.

The system is working but it’s clearly confusing when looking at another player’s beacon.

We need to update the system to query and then take into account other players membership before presenting the remaining time of a beacon.

My problem is that what the beacon shows is perfectly correct, namely the amount of fuel left inside it without taking into account membership.

But if that runs out, and my membership runs out, will my beacon be suddenly completely unfueled? As far as I’m concerned, the beacon should not actually use up any fuel at all, so you can put a fuel block in there, and that’ll “activate” when your membership runs out.

Right now, it’ll just use up the fuel block regardless of membership.

2 Likes

Gleam club and beacons fuel counting down I wrote about it in support forums, but I think like this like some of my other plain bug reports are simply ignored :man_shrugging:

So I have gleam club (recently upgraded to the collector’s edition and have the 1 month of gleam club) and all of my beacons are expiring. Under “Places” then “Beacons” it shows many of my beacons as “Removed from World” and their names switched to “Unnamed Beacon.” If I actually walk over to them, they are still active. It also shows as "Beacon Auto-Fuel: Active, Plots: Expired, Total Footfall: Expired, Owner: Expired. I don’t even know where to check my gleam club status, where to renew it, subscribe, etc. This whole system is very confusing. If my beacons are actually expiring, that’s a real problem. Even if they are still active and all the data was wiped, that’s annoying too. I walked over to an “expired” beacon and it did not reset in my places as active. I had to delete it from my places and re-add it. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Correct me if I am wrong, I think you need to actually travel to the fueled beacons to turn on their auto-fuel. If they were already out of fuel or you have not traveled to them, that is why.

I have no clue. But, I find it crazy that I can’t even find a link to purchase gleam club for PC or a place to check if I have gleam club on my account or when it expires on my account. I posted this 9 hours ago after researching and not coming up with anything for about an hour and have been looking everywhere online with no results. You would think hitting CTRL+F and searching on Boundless’ site there would be something about Gleam Club to purchase and all the details or on the Steam Boundless page there would be an option to purchase it. The only thing I can find is the PS4 link to purchase Gleam Club. I want to support the game and contribute feedback because I’m really enjoying it. But, little things like this are like an arrow through the heart. If I thought my plots were protected to discover 350+ hours were gone to world regeneration or all of my stuff was looted would be devastating.

press esc(not tab), in game then click store. Gleam club is there.

THANK YOU! This needs to be a permanent link. Such a simple thing like this and I couldn’t find it anywhere! My Gleam Club expires 11/26. So it is definitely active. Hope a developer reaches out and explains the plots expiring even with gleam club. Thank you SO MUCH Odin! (Awesome name btw) and Happy Thanksgiving!

1 Like

Thanks, and you too. I agree, with everything you have said. It bugged me, and has messed with me multiple times (trying to find the store).

They should combine the tab/esc.

Also Happy Thanksgiving! (7 minutes left here lol)

I’m going to buy the 6 month gleam club. I also purchased 12 additional accounts. I teach technology and think this game has so much potential for teaching students about critical thinking, social/emotional and video game design skills. When Minecraft first came out, I did the same thing and had great results with my students. I think this game has a ton of potential and I’m very excited to see what we can do :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Awesome, I would recommend buying character slots too, that way each student (semester?) could have their own character. (They don’t share plots etc, and can earn their own achievements and cubits from leveling)

Any idea if the gleam club purchase extends by adding 180 days from the time gleam club is supposed to expire (so mine expires 11/26) so 180 days starting 11/26 OR if it goes from the date of purchase (today). Common sense would make me assume it adds from the time Gleam Club expires (11/26). But, so many things have been weird. I don’t want to make assumptions.

It does stack, I have three years on mine.