Been disconnected 8 times today with no warning of low latency

Anyone else getting this? Haven’t had it this bad ever and not experiencing difficulties with anything else on the internet (including other games).

2 Likes

What planet are you on? It may be tied to that, if anything.

Been on multiple different planets through the different disconnects…

I’ve been on Dzassak all afternoon without being disconnected a single time, so it may just be on your end in that case.

1 Like

Hmm I’ve been building on Seginiakai all morning without any trouble, but it comes and goes for me. Some days it’s unplayable but doesn’t disconnect. Not sure what might be going on!

2 Likes

Not sure what’s going on, never had this before and its continuing today. Guess it must be my end but not having trouble with anything else.

I was having an issue with it crashing to desktop everytime i went to go thru a portal to Shedu Tier. As I live on Alcyon, that’s quite a few times per day, the the issue went away…

Only had this problem when playing on WiFi. Replaced the WiFi with a dedicated cable and the game is working fine. No more disconnects or lag spikes.

2 Likes

I already have a cable connection. Still experiencing drops more than before but not been as bad as it was…

Have had issues when going from West Coast to European or Australian planets. I experience most of my latency issues between 6-10 pm MST on the planets. Not so much on my Western America ones. Just all the others. It is not my connection. Have tested that for months and with other games. If you are from Aus or Euro and jumping thru portals to America. Maybe the issue. I have had success with Verify files on steam. Restarting Steam and the game. Also restarting PC and Router. This of course is Since March I did all of the different tries. Sometimes they worked.

1 Like

I’m having issues on all regions, even EU and I’m in England. got rid of all my mods to see if that helped but no difference. Game is becoming unplayable unfortunately.

I have updated all my drivers, restarted my network connection and reset ip but nothing helped. Am trying a clean install incase something happened with the cache data so fingers crossed for that…

Me and my 4 friends have been lagging around no matter what world we go to. But some times it’s like we take turns lagging. I can’t build till it I know I will not lag. Even crafting has been a challenge.

Strange thing is my dad who I on the same network is fine and doesn’t drop, we even have the same settings. I even deleted the chunkcache\data.mdb to no avail. Will keep digging.

yeah seeing connection issues in certain places Circ being really bad. Last time it was this bad was some kind of timing thing. It is acting the same as then. same planets with the issue where the ones that didn’t have the issue before don’t again.

I think it seems to be something to do with my Ethernet connection, wireless is running fine…

I’ve only had this issue on other games like Conan

Almost wondering if maybe you have some corrosion on one of your Ethernet ends. Do you run your Ethernet into a switch and then to router. Or straight to router. Either way. Take a light. Look at your Ethernet housing on PC or whatever and look at the cable also. Then also look at where ever you plug into. Router/switch. If it is a switch, check the cable from the Router to the switch. Also, is your Ethernet cable a Cat 5 or Cat 6. With this game it should have no effect. Though. When I switched all my cables to Cat 6, it seemed to clear up some issues. May just have been old cables causing me the issue though. There are so so many things to troubleshoot. Can be very frustrating.

1 Like