Better faster solution for shopping items

I have spent a lot of time running through large settlements / malls along empty shops and long connecting streets without any street /location maps or even worse jumping around through portals until I was totally lost to find some (for me) unknown small shop on some small planet where the shops offering already was sold out since I had looked into the boundless trade pages for specific items. Especially in this trade side(it is helping a bit!), most of the shops have no descriptions where they are or as minimum they have a list of shops nearby (???) which I have to locate to search for the shop I wanted to visit. In almost all cases, the time spent to locate a shop really having the item ready to be bought is almost identical to run over some planets surface to find some spicy beans!

My simple question: When will someone start either a “AMAZ0N online trade” with mail delivery or as a different solution someone who starts a “delivery service for a solidly stocked shop”.

My wish for delivery to my address (mail box) is something that would make my playing more efficient and I would be willing to spend some fee for the delivery (equivalent to the existing tax). I guess the delivery to the in-box - as I might be not “at home” - can be handled by a mechanism similar as the request baskets which provide the money for the goods (+fee) and hand it over to the delivery person having some verification code created when the transaction was done with the shop owner. This would also ensure that only transactions can be done, where the selling shop really has the items available…perhaps a special transaction may be scheduled to allow the shop to get the items in some predefined time and promise to delivery very soon.

I guess some shop owners may see this as a way to stop footfall income but I am very suspicious that this “reward” is appropriate as the shop already makes profit by selling stuff. In the end it is something that a real (?) economy might balance within some time.

Request baskets

Mail boxes that could hold items would be awesome though

Could start an in-game delivery service using characters that haven’t friended anyone. That way buyer/seller both get footfall and neither have to travel. :thinking: In fact I may try this at some point.

Honestly, I was making a few deliveries for the Golden Fist and we have discussed this as well.

May I ask what you were looking for?

This sort of thing can be achieved already with advanced locks and by adding friends. Storage blocks and request baskets!

Does footfall still work if a person only has permissions because of a lock?

Advanced lock? Yes, you still trigger footfall. But, don’t tell james or they’ll remove that too… :frowning: (Still salty, that being member of a guild would kill your already measly footfall.)

Wait, I thought guild members give you footfall. Only beacons you have permissions in don’t give you footfall.

Also good to know! Sounds like a win win situation then.

If you align your beacon to your guild, members of that guild will no longer create footfall. Even if they have zero permission on that beacon. Even if it’s not their primary guild. And they will also not create footfall for your other beacons in the same settlement.

And to get back on topic. Why the game doesn’t have a centralized auction house/trade system is beyond me. It really really really REALLY needs something like that. People don’t shop because it takes less time to craft it yourself then find it. And that’s even with the awesome https://boundlesstrade.net/ . (Thanks for that!) Something like boundlesstrade.net should be implemented in the game.

3 Likes

WHAT!? Lol Ok, that’s kind of silly… but I guess they technically have “permissions” because they can see the timer and refuel the beacon.

Yeah we proved it a few months ago after testing.

A cuttletrunk drone “delivery service” could be a nice solution for this as well.

Or put in a request for a certain item for a certain price and if someone can fill it it gets shipped out.

I like the idea a lot!

i like the items in mail idea
but if ya looking for stuff im telling ya just post it on the forum our discord sellers will notice fast then also you can friend some good sellers you meet and put them on a special lock as mailbox

actual someone can expand on the idea off delivery we can all make such a mail item room the dev’s dont need make it special lock one plot and we all good to go
:smile: