Better portal system equals more adventure :)

1 suggestion
maybe it would help the game if some parts off worlds have wild areas
where portals cant be placed because off magnetic pulse (making up a reason)
so temples and shops could be build that you dont have acces to unless
you walk trough the wilderness filled with dungeons maybe stompers
big mountains who need good grappling tools…

this could create areas that can only be visited by big level players
or areas who are more challenging for noobs
or need fight skills to go to
PVP challenges
areas with npc with objectives

sugestion 2

only allow portal use when area is all ready visited
this will let people explore more and is direct a bunch off extra challenges

suggestion 3

make more options to the portals

like sugestion 2 is one
ask money
rights to it like a beacon
one way option :smile: like a diode lol
guild portal
private portal

3 Likes

I like 1. Don’t think many ppl would want to live there, but when we have titans and dungeons :pray: no-portal-areas may be a useful thing to keep it challenging and fun.

I don’t like 2. and 3. because it feels really bad to discover portals only to find out that you are not “in the club”.
To my surprise i spend a lot of time in the game looking for new portals and checking out ppl builds and portals behind portals and suddenly i went down the rabbit hole and end up in a beautiful city i’ve never seen before. (I found Elop Portas, Eden and some more this way (not through the forum.))
If most of these portals could be traps or money sinks or private or disabled because i’ve never been to this beautiful city i’ve otherwise never had heard about… then i guess this beautful aspect of the game would be lost to me.

If you want portals private you can already put a locked door in front of it today.

5 Likes

make sence :smile:

maybe we can sneak in a people counter to see your usage
would be helpfull to see what portals are most used
like on my plaza i mean portals i set up to cool builds and stuff
no way of nowing if people use them or not

4 Likes

That would be great :+1:

1 Like

I wouldn’t be opposed to maybe more discussion around no-portal areas or something to start.

I think permissions on portals wouldn’t be horrible as long as we could tell it in the compass to protect from running to it and not getting in. Plus I wouldn’t want to waste developer time right now on it since we can use locks. Maybe a much later feature…

Probably the thing I would love most on portals is a slot where people could just submit oort shards to keep it up and running if the time is low.

(edit: this wouldn’t be a fee but just donation type thing.)

2 Likes

I like this idea a lot but man as it stands now if it was not for these wonderful portals the way they are now I might have quit the game to be honest. As a new player the portals as it stands now with you wonderful folks maintaining it, opened up a whole new way of playing the game and I am still going strong.

Oh and moebius I use your portals extensively and also the FireCavern but it would be nice for you to see usage. Maybe they could charge like a very cheap usage fee, like 1 to 5c’s and that way you can see the use on them. I actually wont mind paying to use portals as long as it is not as expensive and the current warp system thru the Sanctum.

2 Likes