Bg3 news ( i still think this should be In General as it has impact on boundless)

Well, it got better with the updated player-models of Warlords of Draenor, which allows the devs to make cutscenes where you see characters from much closer.
But yeah. I would go as far as to say the cutscenes in WoW feel less janky than half of those I saw so far in BG3.
Like, they wanted to show your character holding a book in some cutscenes while you open it and read pages, or have an NPC hold up a necklace with his hand to show it to you, and it all feel… janky. Plus for some reason, after each voiceline an NPC say during a cutscene or dialogue, it’s like the NPC has a huge “BUFFERING FOR NEXT VOICELINE” logo on his face, cause there’s always these awkward silences where the character suddenly stops moving.

I’m sure you know Baldur’s Gate 3 is being worked on by the devs of Boundless instead of them all working on Boundless, HENCE why there’s a reason to talk about BG3.
Now, if you have something interesting to say about Boundless, go ahead.

I’m fully aware of what’s happening I just can’t understand why it needs to be discussed in a forum space that’s not related. I mean sure they are working on it - and not boundless- that’s fine- it’s life. But why the need to saturate a forum for a game we all love and cherish? Seems like the wrong place to discuss it personally but who am I hahahaha

1 Like

Why don’t we stop focusing on what’s not happening with updates and just enjoy the game for what it is currently?

Why not rebuild the community with the current platform boundless is currently built on- I’ve personally not noticed any bugs or issues with the core game….

4 Likes

I really need to, I have OS on PS4, played it a bit and liked it. :slight_smile: But just fell into the backlog pile.

I have to say here though too, I absolutely LOVED Divinity II Ego Draconis/FoV. :smiley: Probably in my top 20 games list. HUGE props to the writers at Larian there, they absolutely hit it out of the park on every level, IMO. Story, dialogue, some of the funniest lines in any game…

Spoilers

I actually liked what they did before FoV, leaving it where the bad guys won, you ruined everything.

That said, the line that truly killed me laughing was in FoV, when you confront a burned up Ygerna and have the option to tell her, “Better see an illusionist before trying to get another kiss from Baldy!” :rofl:

From what I played of OS, I see the same, that the writing is really good and funny at times. Larian’s writing is a lot of why I want to try BG3… though, I may have to go into it with the attitude that I’m just going to play evil for the ease and lulz (usually I play good in games aside from theft, but sounds like here it works better evil?).

In this case, the status of BG3 seems very tied to what may happen with Boundless, per James’ comment on them struggling to find time to work on the update. I am getting off topic with the game discussion, but I think in this case the devs might appreciate getting some feedback on it, it is their project and I truly want to see them succeed with it. And I want to give props to Larian on their work. :slight_smile:

1 Like

We’re at a point where I’d say “why not talk about it?”
What does it do? Does it hurt the illusion that the game’s situation is all sunshine and rainbows? Reality-check : it’s not, and one morning, we’ll likely have James say “ok guys, in X amount of time, we’ll shut down the servers”
There’s almost nothing going on in Boundless aside from people saying “welp, I’m bored, bye” or people going “hey look, I made a thing, the game is not dead you guys!!!”.
There is a legitimate reason to have a talk about BG3, as explained already. You don’t want to talk about it, nobody is forcing you, so please don’t try to force people to stick their heads in the sand if they don’t want to. Not like we’re talking about it everywhere.

Unlike a lot of other games, it looks like going evil is a proper path where you gain more power the more you rely on Ilithid powers to resolve some situations. So if anything, there is re-playability, there.

1 Like

Totally agree with feedback, all I’m saying is that every time I come to the forums to read up on what’s happening in boundless regarding, events, new build concepts, marathons it seems like every forum post is off topic and to be honest not relevant to boundless. I’m not having a go directly at anyone :heart: I just think that people need to understand that currently right now the game needs players, and a forum that showcases boundless for what it is- not what it might be in the future. Not a place for people shredding the devs, or adding their 2 cents hahah.

We all say boundless is a community but I can’t find anything worth reading on the forums this past year that yells community anymore.

2 Likes

It’s great if some people can enjoy a game like Boundless forever with no updates and such. But you gotta register that for a lot of other people, there has to be updates to make the game relevant.
It’s not OUR fault if people are leaving the game.

Theirs no denying what is happening, it’s about maintaining relevant topic conversations in the right place. It’s simple- if it’s boundless related it belongs on the forums - if it’s BG3 or destiny or WOW for a example head to those forums.
That’s all I have to say :heart: you all :peace_symbol: out little oortians

1 Like

Totally agreed here - the dev team has my absolute respect, gratitude, and support regardless of the outcome here. Actually, bringing up the BG3 situation may help to build some understanding and sympathy for them among Boundless fans, IMO. Without the context of the situation, easy to see how fans could be very hurt here by the silence and lack of attention to a number of things.

In the light of the fact that they are Larian now, that BG3 HAS to be their priority and they might have more work than they can handle, that they are answering to another boss - it can change the view of the situation entirely.

Just a word of warning.

As James said about the Larian Forums, Boundless is nothing to do with Larian. Likewise, even though our developers are now working on BG3, feedback, props or other discussion about the state of BG3 should be taking place on their forum, not this one.

5 Likes

Have we ever considered that people are leaving the game because we create an image that the game is dead? Maybe all the negativity on the forums is causing more issues….

3 Likes

Understood, and apologies.

Well said @Stretchious :heart: :clap:

If you think the constant negativity on the forums is not also a part of the decline of the game you are kidding yourself.

4 Likes

People being negative MAY not help, I’ll give you that one.
But don’t come here like you’re the Negativity-Police to prevent people from saying what they think as if it’s going to magically fix everything, as if THAT was a root-issue.
It’s a symptom :

First and foremost, I’ll ask you to find an official video-game forum where people are all like you.
Spoiler : it doesn’t exist.

Second, The state of the forum is a reflection of the state of the game.
No game is perfect, so you’ll always have some negative people here and there.
If the game is too buggy, people will complain about that.
If the game is basically dead with no updates in the horizon, people will leave to play other games until such time as the devs will release a proper update.

Boundless is an MMO. Games like that require updates for their communities to flourish, whether you like it or not.

It’s not complicated people : there is nothing YOU can do about it with your talks of making community efforts and such. You can’t fix Wonderstruck’s marketing for them, you can’t make content for them. It’s ALL in the hands of the devs.
You can’t always blame people who are making “I’m leaving” threads or “I’m not happy about the state of the game” threads for all the woes of the game.

As much as I love the back and forth on this thread it’s time to leave it alone

1 Like

I definitely does not help, quite the contrary. The rest is in your head mate. No one was implying that it’s the root cause, but it isn’t helping and it’s simply making a bad situation worse for everyone involved. It might make you feel a bit better for a bit (blowing off steam) but in the end it doesn’t change a thing.

I can’t forbid you to say what you think, but don’t kid yourself into thinking you are not part of the problem in doing so…

2 Likes

I could return that right back to your face.

We were having a discussion, a fairly normal debate, sharing some infos and such.
And then there’s that one guy who feels the need to play the police, coming like “no you can only talk of what is relevant to Boundless, so stop talking”.
You think THAT helps anything? You think THAT doesn’t sour the overall mood?

Lol :joy: #forum.playboundless is all I need to say