Birds eye view gadget, machine or companion

While building huge buildings which matter in proportion, like my dragon statue or 30 hand and new project, it’s good to have a perspective from different angles, that can be achieved right now with building a platform, using the grapple, etc.

But i think it will be nice to have a drone companion of something to give you a perspective from different angles, something someone who’s spent hours in game can craft. Maybe using the tech devices and a fuel system to power it up and craft, glass and more.

I think it will benefit greatly on community projects and it wouldn’t be a requirement for huge builds, more like a gimmick or feature for whoever wants it, more like offering different options

14 Likes

Would love to have something like this which allows you to look at your builds from a different angle.

It is something I constantly do in World Builder mode when you spend a lot of time on the detail and want to zoom out and see the full view without going back and forth between two locations in the game.

8 Likes

Set up a portal up in the sky maybe? ;p

10 Likes

I think this is the most asked for thing I hear from builders, even as a non-builder I’d also love it for taking screenshots.

But with any fly/ghost mode or camera mode - I can’t help but think it could be used to find resources you shouldn’t be able to find and if PvP comes in then it would be a bit of a cheat to use it there.

Only other options would be a jet pack I guess, but that would invalidate grappling hooks and it wasn’t really nice watching ARK turn into “HALO: Survival Evolved” so I’m not a fan of jet packs - or a local creative mode where camera/fly/ghost mode can be turned on and people can do test builds before coming into the real world and making them.

4 Likes

Star Citizen has a system implemented called cinematic camera, where you can let the camera leave your character and take truely beautiful screenshots.

1 Like

Oh something would be great. Cause I easily spend half the time trying to either build and destroy a platform to see or back up to see what I am doing.

But I also look at it as a challage cause I feel like a builder from back in the day like a ( Michelangelo ) lol

It would be cool if you could build a camera of some sort to place. That way you can see different angles but it is not free roam so you can’t explore aground the map to look for things. You would have to place the said camera at the height you wanted.

6 Likes

I love the idea of setting up a static camera. Especially as a content creator :wink: It would be incredible to create time lapses of builds!

8 Likes

Yeah, that would be amazing, I was going to ask 30 if he intended putting any time lapse videos of his builds on You Tube.

3 Likes

This reminds me of the Eye of Kilrog in Warcraft lore.

1 Like

the eye of kilrog is also a warlock spell that lets you fly around in WoW and look at stuff.

1 Like

hand-feed Cuttletrunk :thinking:

1 Like

I would just kill it, kill it with fire

2 Likes

lolz, @Dzchan94

2 Likes

We need Potions!

1 Like

OBE sounds cool :sunglasses:

a potion plus meditation for 15 seconds with a nice animation of it (a skill to learn maybe?)
or magic mushroom instead of potion haha :wink:

Lol i was going to make a suggestion for this feature… but then i knew there had to be a post already (particularly the cinematic camera / mode)

Not sure how i missed this when it was fresh =/

Anyway this would be amazing for making content for Boundless! (and make my life easier) :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart_eyes:

Edit: though i understand that this is not exactly a high priority =/

3 Likes

Maybe not a high priority, but some simple implementation shouldn’t be too time consuming (totally guesstimating here) :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes indeed. I thought about time lapses just a few days ago. It could be awesome!
Maybe one day.

2 Likes