Blinksec issues

Is it possible to get some clarification on why blinksec distances are set up the way they are?

Being an Australian based player, I’ve looked into building an Australian planet portal hub system to just cover those planets so Aussie players can navigate the local server planets with minimum lag issues.

Lasaina>Lutrion>Boori is fine. However there is no possible way to get to Flan without using a server based in EU or US. Also, from Flan there is no possible way to get to Galan or Maluriakrib without passing through another EU or US server.

Surely you can see the issues this can cause to your Australian player base. Sometimes going through EU or US servers works great, however other times it’s a frustrating battle against the dreaded unplayable connection.

Are the blinksec numbers set in stone, or is this something you may consider tweaking?

5 Likes

Believe me when I say that ALL players are affected by this!

There’s no way to get to Kol Huroo or Norkyna for example without going thru AUS planets. Sure Houchus can reach them but you can’t get to Houchus without going thru Maluria…

Thing is tho, the game is not supposed to have people want to separate their own region’s planets from the rest, they want you to go out to all the planets. And let’s face it, Malu is the best planet for diamonds so everyone wants to go there too.

Sadly Internet connections aren’t always up to the task (and I mean here the connections from your provider to the servers in other regions not your connection to your ISP)

And the clarification is pretty simple: same level planets near same level planets regardless of region…

2 Likes

Lower tier planets are heavily tied to the region. Why aren’t the higher ones, that’s the question here I think.

5 Likes

This is not true at all, Lasaina is not close to any same level planets, only close to Lutrion and Boori which are same region planets.

Okay, let me rephrase it then:
T5+ level planets are near same level planets regardless of region…

That’s just stating what we already know. Doesn’t answer the question.

1 Like

OK, but it might be the actual reason…

we need AU lvl 4 world and then we will have a bridge to Flan

3 Likes