Block lines don't match

i dont know if its a bug or not ,or a over sight but i can not get the compact soft coal lines on the block to match up no mater how i place it

It’s the direction you’re physically facing on placement of soft coal blocks.

3 Likes

Does this work both east/west and north/south? I could get it to go one way but not the other a few months ago.

I placed mine as east/west. I haven’t tried north/south

weird , all other blocks i match up pattern u place it certain direction not way u face.intresting

All other blocks are meant for building lol. Coal is multipurpose. Build/spark. Maybe that’s why it’s different?

But maybe @lucadeltodecso could help push a change to have it act like the others. Would make it easier on us.

1 Like

ok so i got it to match but its very messed up on how to get this done…the block below the highlighted one i placed looking down at ground and block to left i had to look at the first blocks side to get it to line up,if i looked at ground again it didnt match upand to get the highlighted block to match up i had to place the block on right side and look at that blocks side to place down in order for it to match up…and for this test i was facing south direction

This block isn’t designed to tile seamlessly, it’s not a bug.

3 Likes

It’s not the seams we are talking about tho. The pattern on the block doesn’t place facing the same way even if you put the block down the same for each one.

It’s the same for decorative lustrous wood, it’s just to make it have more interesting pattern.

I’m just trying to picture this visually. I’m going to use a series of screenshots to demonstrate the behaviour of how the orientation of blocks can be altered.

Here is a block being placed down as normal:

If I place a block down when the highlight is shown on the ground:

Then the block will not match up:

But if I placed the block down again with the highlight on the side:

Then it will match up:

I imagine that’s what you did.

Now, if I placed an additional two blocks going from right to left, they will match up:

But if I started from the left, it will not line up as expected:

Was that pretty much what you did?

2 Likes

Block lines are based on 2 things:

1. Were you facing N/S or E/W when you placed them
  2. Where was the square “highlighting” when you placed?

Yeah I have been able to get it to work via both directions and up/down… just takes some work and figuring out how to change things.

i did what u did i was able to match them up only facing east/west but facing south/north doing the exact same sequence and it did not match up

1 Like

Well according to this, it’s not a bug.

N/S requires a bit more work. I needed more blocks than just 4. Had to sometimes use blocks to side…

1 Like