Block Orientation Lock-it Locket

As soon as it is equipped (held in your hand) the locket locks your block placement orientation so that all blocks placed have the n/s/e/w/up/down orientation from however you were orientation was when you put the locket in your hand. It could lose durability as you place blocks with the other hand, or it could lose durability over time while equipped (last, say, 30m each)

This would make building floors and walls WAY easier.

Plus it has a great punny name!

12 Likes

This would be a dang lifesaver for me, because placing Bricks is so painful when the floor doesn’t line up right anymore. :pensive:

This, or a simple key command, would definitely be much loved by all.

3 Likes

Well there is a way to do floors: hold C (or circle), look down and walk backwards while placing blocks. Makes my right thumb hurt pressing circle so much though.

Why does it have to have durability? Why can’t it be like normal locks or atlases and have no dura?

Also maybe so it has a little more interaction, we load the blocks into it and actually place with it. Makes a little more sense to me that way instead of just holding makes it work.

1 Like

Remember when forging was bugged and you could make infinite durability hammers? Memories…

1 Like

No I don’t remember that. Lol was before I started forging. Probably was also before I started buying forged gear

But not all players have keys, for instance us PS4 users. I always thought that could maybe be a totem that you could forge and then place the blocks in the same way you would with a augment and then use them that way

Rotation & locking placing orientation should be free QOL feature, not tool related thing. For example holding key/button that goes into building view could bring up radial menu where this (and light epic) could be toggled on or off.

4 Likes

Keys? There’s the same command on PS4, press circle. (I’m ps4)

Oh did your post order get reversed somehow? I see now

I believe they were talking about this:

2 Likes

Ah yes. I was trying to figure out a way to make it work with an item not a key. I suppose it could just go in the options menu. I think more consumables is a good thing for the game in general. Doesn’t have to be super expensive to make.

I’d just be happy with a simple to make stick doohickey thing that is not forged but made at a crafting table or even your personal handicraft that lets you wack a block and it rotates.

1 Like

Yes please this would do great for chiseling too

Could be an option in the building mode. It’s less appealing but will do it.

1 Like

You do know that in the controls setting you can toggle creep on and off right?

One of the best QoL changes imo.

1 Like

No don’t do it it will render our wasteless hours invalid lol it’s like aerobics turn to east jump to west doing around head north…go down south owww

For me this randomly fails and I fall (a lot)

I have mine set to “press to release”

Remember creep does not work on chiseled blocks

2 Likes

Seems like blocks are either North-South or East-West oriented, where placing North is the same as placing South and such. Maybe an easy to craft orientation lock brew could help? Have North-South brew and East-West brew. Not sure how ceilings and floors factor in, but I think they’re still a variarition of N-S-E-W and not their own separate plane of orientation.

Or maybe add a new item - suckers. Lick a N-S sucker, and all blocks will be North-South for 10 minutes. Lick an East-West sucker to receive the East-West buff. Builder’s suckers! 100 durability, easy to craft. They explode on the last lick just like chisels.