Block types I think we need. Doors - Beacons - Glass - Green Blocks

Hello all. There are many decorative blocks we’d all like I am sure, and eventually if the game continues adding them they may need to redesign the UI to cater to them all. However there are three I see everywhere that could use some variety.

1. Doors.
  2. Beacons.
  3. Glass

These badly need some variation imho. Seeing the same door on every building is jarring, and some glass variety would be appealing as there are so many builds that use it, perhaps either tinted glass or just decorative glass. Everybody uses the beacon, yet everyone has to use the same one, this could do with a few different designs upon release imho.

Less needed but still useful

1. Green Blocks - How about some green wood/stone, it seems to be the one main color we are lacking for constructions. (Leaves and rarer emeralds aside)

2. Black/Brown Stone - Although less absent a color than green. This would be nice also and true to life. The good thing is these can use the existing designs, just put a new color over them. Or make these rare stones, so miners have something else to look forward to when digging and occasionally find pockets of. - Marble, Onyx, Slate, Smokey Quartz etc.

3. Oranges, though needed less than green’s as we’ve got a couple. - Dark/dull orange stone blocks might be nice to add somewhere down the line.

That’s what i’ve felt I am missing when building, that and of course more stone + wood decorative designs - which I know will come in time.

Thanks for reading.

5 Likes

There IS green wood and rock! They are on nasharil :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That takes care of something for me. :smiley: thank you.

1 Like

I’m on it! The doors, at least…

8 Likes

I have stacks and stacks of foliage lying around with no good use for it. Maybe there should be some compactor/refinery recipes for making green foliage-based blocks, that would be nice.

2 Likes

Green rock? Or just green clay and soil? I havent seen green sedimentary, igneous or metamorphic.

oh right forgot about the green clay soil, but it comes from the same planet, Nasharil and yeah, the igneous rock there is kinda green… --closest to green you can get…
but for sedimentary there is only tan, red and yellow
and for metamorphic there is white, red and purple.

2 Likes

Most of the color spectrum issues will be resolved by the addition of more planets. Nearly every block in the game supports full color tinting, so that is “technically” resolved. It’s only a matter of adding more planets to the game, which is currently limited for the purpose of development. We might see a handful of new worlds before 1.0, but I think it’s more likely they will save them for launch.

Doors are in progress as jess mentioned above

Beacon skins would be cool though

2 Likes

Good to know Havok.

I am hoping we get some dark green stone/wood blocks for example. With the clay, stone and twisted wood from Nasharil that takes care of lighter green somewhat, but darker green is missing. It is more a minor concern than before when I hadn’t seen any green wood/stone/clay blocks but still a hope for the future.

With enough variation in worlds and color tints this game might well surpass SWG’s old crafting options for me. Fun stuff.

Those do look great :smiley: @jesshyland