Blocks displaying white texture

hello dev’s

i just purchased the adventurer pack and downloaded the game. when i went to play i found that 90% of the blocks have white texture. i cant tell which block is which they all look the same.
i have a late 2013 mac book pro with el capitan osx uptodate
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013)
2 GHz Intel Core i7
8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

these are my laptop details, im not sure of this is a common issue , and if there is a fix i would love to know it.

all my graphics options are set to the best and all are turned " On "

Hi @malomishel! First of all, welcome!

The issue has been fixed on the ‘testing’ beta. To get onto that, you need to right click on the game in steam library > properties > betas > click on the drop down box and select ‘testing’

2 Likes

Hi @malomishel,

Welcome to the game and the forums! I had the same issue on my Mac as well …I think the fix for this has been rolled into the “testing” branch of the game, but I don’t think all the latest stuff has been rolled into the main branch yet.

Can you give the testing branch a go and see if that works for you? (you’ll also get to test all the latest stuff, which also isn’t in the main branch yet, as well!)

To switch to the testing branch, please follow this thread …

1 Like

Lol! Beat you to it… just.

Lol there must have been seconds in it :wink:

My fault for looking for a previous thread instead of just typing it out like you did :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Hi @malomis… ah, you guys beat me to it by like… 30 minutes…

I’ll see myself out.

3 Likes

Hey guys thank you so much for your quick reply,
the testing beta worked like a charm but one thing didnt, i have no sound at all.
any fix for that too ? :smiley: on the contrary of the people negative reviews, im loving the game already, and is there an EU server please ? cuz i can see only two US servers and i lag a lot on them.

wonderful job guys on the game so far it looks great.

3 Likes

We’re planning to promote the Testing version to Live on Steam soon. Ideally we’d do this regularly (target is weekly). But we’ve been holding off because we want to make sure that the Live version doesn’t require too many server wipes. But I think we’re getting close.

It’s been tougher for Mac users because of the rendering issues. Fingers crossed they’re resolved with Testing. Once the game goes Live we’ll also get more regions online.

If you’re lagging can you respond to this thread: Q: I’m having connection / lag issues - help!?

4 Likes

thanks a lot James .
the texture is now working pretty well, as for the ping issue i think its from my connection provider.
but one thing is remaining and its the no sound in the game at all.
is there any fix for it ? or i have to wait for an update or something ?
and one more thing, can u add the info regarding the items details! cuz its so confusing how things works and what certain things are.

again thanks a lot for your reply. :slight_smile:

Whilst the sound is a work in progress - there should be some sounds.

I hate to ask the obvious, but the volume isn’t set to off in the game options?

1 Like

umm the sound level is set to 6, and there is no sound at all for me.
before switching to testing Beta i had sound but the textures render was messed up. after switching to testing beta the texture is fine but i have no sound at all, i tried validating the game files and they were all okay.

Do you have any unusual (non standard) sound devices connected to your computer?

Nope nothing at all.
Sometimes the earphones of my iPhone.

Hi! I’ve the same problem with sounds.

Specs:
MacBook Pro (15-Inch, Mid 2012)
2.6 GHz Intel Core i7
8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB

Game version: Beta testing
Volume: 10

I tested with and without sound devices and nothing.

Thanks

What version of OS X are you running?

Sorry, I forgot it.
OS X El Capitan v10.11.6

1 Like

@malomishel @sr-cres I’ve just pushed an updated build on the testing branch for OS X, this should fix the missing audio, let me know if it doesn’t

6 Likes

blake ur amazing. ty you so much for your efforts.
its working like a charm now :smiley:

5 Likes

I’m not at home right now. I’ll test it later.

@blake as @malomishel said, it’s working like a charm. Thank you!

3 Likes