Blocks not merging according to color index?

So. While checking the roads at Pixel Gate I noticed some weird pattern. @SilberB reminded me of it. And my perfectionist side wanted to find out.

So there seems to be a problem with blocks merging different ways depending on the planet resources come from. Don’t know if it’s a feature or it was just overlooked.

Further looking into it. With the different bricks I had, I noticed that depending on how you placed the blocks, they would merge or not merge. Except the ones from Epsilo.

Solum/Solum

Solum/Epsilo

Solum/Munteen VII

Solum/Andooweem

Solum/Septerfon

Haven’t tried any other planet, than the ones mentioned.

There also seems to be a nice interaction with slabs, where they kind of half merge or not merge at all, not even a little color onto other blocks. I tried different bricks against different timbers this time. And it seems the Solum timber offers the best not merging results.

4 Likes

We had a look at the area in question, but it looks like the blocks with the odd blending in the second and fourth screenshots have been removed, so we can’t check it on the live version. We’ll try and reproduce it on our end.

I just tested some more. And it seems, it depends on the blocks touching each other. Like the wood and the brick. If they’re from solum, they do not merge. But if one of those is from different planets, they would merge weirdly. I’ll do a test area and some pictures and more info will be published later in the day.

1 Like

Updated Original Post

i’m glad that there is no holes on the road any more i often fell in them :grin:
Here is a block that does not differ colorindex. But it differs by another thing called - meta0x40

here it is

every else are - meta0x80

Solved it, it seems that those values refer to the orientation of the block.