Body paint

There is? How? I could use that

I wish i could. Then i could make some clothes!

1 Like

Looked at the files quick, seems to be doable by working on the base model texture instead of the paint/tattoo.

Would need to Add the texture you want to keep as is in the _CM.dds file then make it white in the GM_MM.dds file.

1 Like

If this paint gets in i’ll make it my life’s mission to get into the reapers xD

1 Like

Thanks to @DKPuncherello for the tips, here is my first ok-ish try xD. Not too bad eh?

@Orrian @Taleyah xD

7 Likes

Well now they have too. Giving one Oortian a purpose is good enough for me. :crossed_fingers:come on Dev Team. Just like the a Reapers Trials. “You can do it!”
@Leahlemoncakes @james. Hahaha :raised_hands: :fist:

1 Like

The thing is, can they ‘legally’ add your work to the game?

Even if you say “go ahead”, I don’t think they can.

My attempt at making a starry night skin. Didn’t work as it was supposed to but the effort is there xD.

6 Likes

Yes they can. I’ll sign anything they need if it’s a legal issue. But I think it might be the flood of other people wanting there own designs in the game if they allow mine. :man_shrugging: But I’m staying positive. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. And man am I Squeaking.

4 Likes

Honestly, if it was that simple, I’d make 3D models of furniture for them, I’d submit sh!t for free, I don’t care.

For Creativerse, I tried sharing stuff with Playfulcorp, but they couldn’t accept, even if they liked what I did.
For the record, I tried submitting stuff like an Arctek bed :

If you know anything about CV, this type of design should speak a bit to you. ^^
It’s inspired by this :

2 Likes

Nope. Never played it. Adding assets would be more work then adding a texture file. Further more models could have a mesh limit for assets like decorative items. Either way that thing looks cool.

Get on the skeleton body paint band wagon. Lol.

1 Like

I mean, I wouldn’t go out of my way to use the skeleton body-paint, but I’m all up for the devs adding it to the game, don’t go thinking otherwise. :stuck_out_tongue:
I’ve made my own texture for the paint stains, and I’m using it, it makes me super happy to log my potion-maker, now. Feels like it’s finally my own guy!

1 Like

That would look great in my Galactic Command room in CV :smiley:

2 Likes

Woah what. You in creative mode?

No on live but i only can see that skin. Its a modified (Motion) skin and it takes the skin’s color palette.

2 Likes

Maybe one day we can all see your skin.

2 Likes

The devs would have to (I’d guess) make us able to upload custom body-paint textures through the Steam Workshop. Currently, we’re limited to the existing number of body-paints to replace by our own.

Here are two body-paint textures I made :

https://www.goblinounours.fr/Boundless/base_race_tattoo_hand_gm_mm.dds

https://www.goblinounours.fr/Boundless/base_race_tattoo_motion_gm_mm.dds

Put the texture files in this folder on PC :
ProgramFiles\steamapps\common\Boundless\assets\characters\base_race\textures

8 Likes

Jeggings + logo T

I saved mine as the motion tattoo because that’s the active one that I have. You may have a different tattoo file.

Please save a copy of the original file before overwriting yours. This way, you can change it back if you don’t like it.

Only you will be able to see this texture, since the file saves locally & no one else has it.

8 Likes

Geez does every person in the game use the motion tattoo?
#SaveTheWave

1 Like

It’s the coolest. Lol. :sunglasses:

1 Like