Body paint

i did not check but pretty sure there is something to allow a color you use in paint to stay that color in game. Probably have something to do with masks.

Some wearable already use this feature.

1 Like

There is? How? I could use that

I wish i could. Then i could make some clothes!

1 Like

Looked at the files quick, seems to be doable by working on the base model texture instead of the paint/tattoo.

Would need to Add the texture you want to keep as is in the _CM.dds file then make it white in the GM_MM.dds file.

1 Like

If this paint gets in iā€™ll make it my lifeā€™s mission to get into the reapers xD

1 Like

Thanks to @DKPuncherello for the tips, here is my first ok-ish try xD. Not too bad eh?

@Orrian @Taleyah xD

7 Likes

Well now they have too. Giving one Oortian a purpose is good enough for me. :crossed_fingers:come on Dev Team. Just like the a Reapers Trials. ā€œYou can do it!ā€
@Leahlemoncakes @james. Hahaha :raised_hands: :fist:

1 Like

The thing is, can they ā€˜legallyā€™ add your work to the game?

Even if you say ā€œgo aheadā€, I donā€™t think they can.

My attempt at making a starry night skin. Didnā€™t work as it was supposed to but the effort is there xD.

6 Likes

Yes they can. Iā€™ll sign anything they need if itā€™s a legal issue. But I think it might be the flood of other people wanting there own designs in the game if they allow mine. :man_shrugging: But Iā€™m staying positive. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. And man am I Squeaking.

4 Likes

Honestly, if it was that simple, Iā€™d make 3D models of furniture for them, Iā€™d submit sh!t for free, I donā€™t care.

For Creativerse, I tried sharing stuff with Playfulcorp, but they couldnā€™t accept, even if they liked what I did.
For the record, I tried submitting stuff like an Arctek bed :

If you know anything about CV, this type of design should speak a bit to you. ^^
Itā€™s inspired by this :

2 Likes

Nope. Never played it. Adding assets would be more work then adding a texture file. Further more models could have a mesh limit for assets like decorative items. Either way that thing looks cool.

Get on the skeleton body paint band wagon. Lol.

1 Like

I mean, I wouldnā€™t go out of my way to use the skeleton body-paint, but Iā€™m all up for the devs adding it to the game, donā€™t go thinking otherwise. :stuck_out_tongue:
Iā€™ve made my own texture for the paint stains, and Iā€™m using it, it makes me super happy to log my potion-maker, now. Feels like itā€™s finally my own guy!

1 Like

That would look great in my Galactic Command room in CV :smiley:

2 Likes

Woah what. You in creative mode?

No on live but i only can see that skin. Its a modified (Motion) skin and it takes the skinā€™s color palette.

2 Likes

Maybe one day we can all see your skin.

2 Likes

The devs would have to (Iā€™d guess) make us able to upload custom body-paint textures through the Steam Workshop. Currently, weā€™re limited to the existing number of body-paints to replace by our own.

Here are two body-paint textures I made :

https://www.goblinounours.fr/Boundless/base_race_tattoo_hand_gm_mm.dds

https://www.goblinounours.fr/Boundless/base_race_tattoo_motion_gm_mm.dds

Put the texture files in this folder on PC :
ProgramFiles\steamapps\common\Boundless\assets\characters\base_race\textures

8 Likes

Jeggings + logo T

I saved mine as the motion tattoo because thatā€™s the active one that I have. You may have a different tattoo file.

Please save a copy of the original file before overwriting yours. This way, you can change it back if you donā€™t like it.

Only you will be able to see this texture, since the file saves locally & no one else has it.

8 Likes

Geez does every person in the game use the motion tattoo?
#SaveTheWave

1 Like